TSN: Ontario Government refuses fans for game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Masks have always been required in certain settings by healthy people. Those performing your surgery. If you wanted to visit a family member in the ICU. Even sandwich makers have to wear gloves and hairnets.

Masks for surgery is because there are open wounds in the surgical theatre that you don't want spittle to enter. If we were walking around the local supermarket with open wounds, I'd fully endorse all of us wearing surgical masks.

I've been to the ICU several times in my life, as a patient and as a visitor, and no one ever wore a mask.

Food preparers wear gloves and hairnets for non-respiratory disease transmission, mostly for diseases transmitted when fecal matter comes in contact during food preparation (gross to think about, I know).

We've mandated the use of shoes and shirts in restaurants for service. I assume you are good with that and it's not an impact on your "freedom"

This may be differ by municipalities but there is likely no government mandate that shoes and shirts must be worn in restaurants. A restaurant on a boardwalk surely doesn't adhere to this. That is the discretion of the restaurant owner. And just like a business who currently has a sign telling the customers to wear a mask, this isn't a freedom issue, this is a property issue and you respect the rules of the property you enter.

Pandemic vaccine indemnification laws have been on the books since 2006

That's interesting. Just because something's been a law for a decade and a half doesn't mean I agree with it. As I stated it seems very dangerous to me. It doesn't require some huge conspiracy it to be foolhardy and dangerous. Thalidomide wasn't some grand conspiracy to harm children.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Ford has been doing exactly what he is being told to do. His governing through this has been mostly indistinguishable from blue state governors in the U.S.
Tell me about it.
Next time someone foolishly claims how "right wing" he is, I'll have to laugh in their face. Dude is no different than Newsome, Whitmer, Cuomo, etc. maybe even MORE restrictive.
Ford just appears to have given up on decision making on his own and has just given full reign to his "medical experts", many of which he refuses to name outside of the already visible top bureaucrats.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Masks for surgery is because there are open wounds in the surgical theatre that you don't want spittle to enter. If we were walking around the local supermarket with open wounds, I'd fully endorse all of us wearing surgical masks.

I've been to the ICU several times in my life, as a patient and as a visitor, and no one ever wore a mask.

C'mon. You know that hospitals have infection prevention protocols that require visitors from time to time to wear gloves, masks and even gowns.

Food preparers wear gloves and hairnets for non-respiratory disease transmission, mostly for diseases transmitted when fecal matter comes in contact during food preparation (gross to think about, I know).
Yes. They are mandated to wear protection to prevent the transmission of disease. Fecal or viral the principle is the same.

That's interesting. Just because something's been a law for a decade and a half doesn't mean I agree with it. As I stated it seems very dangerous to me. It doesn't require some huge conspiracy it to be foolhardy and dangerous. Thalidomide wasn't some grand conspiracy to harm children.

It's fine to disagree with it. But the existence of it doesn't prove the existence of a conspiracy that was "never done before"

In the US, the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act provides for indemnification for vaccine producers in a pandemic. It was passed by US legislators and signed into law in Dec of 2005 by George Bush

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
First I will say that those in attendance weren't any louder then pre-covid times.

Second I can't believe how far off topic this thread has gone.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
C'mon. You know that hospitals have infection prevention protocols that require visitors from time to time to wear gloves, masks and even gowns.

For when an antibiotic resistant infection is identified with specific patients who test positive AFTER exhibiting symptoms antibiotic resistant pathogens.

It's fine to disagree with it. But the existence of it doesn't prove the existence of a conspiracy that was "never done before"

Then never done before 2006. Brought into law by an administration extremely friendly to the pharmaceutical industry.

In the US, the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act provides for indemnification for vaccine producers in a pandemic. It was passed by US legislators and signed into law in Dec of 2005 by George Bush

Oh yes, I agree they've been "preparing" for a pandemic emergency for some time. These measures and this planning has been building momentum for decades. This was always a hammer seeking a nail. I keep hearing that China is back to normal, I don't know how true that is, but why aren't we? We locked down as much as they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad