Waived: Ongoing 2018-19 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJIncognito

Jun 9, 2007
Kristen Shilton‏Verified account @kristen_shilton 1m1 minute ago
More
Kristen Shilton Retweeted Philadelphia Flyers
Calvin Pickard is back on waivers. Bad luck for the #Leafs he played in 11 games for the Flyers. If it was less than 10 games, Toronto could re-claim him, and if they were the only ones putting a claim, send him straight to the AHL without more waivers.

Edit:
Kristen Shilton

Verified account

@kristen_shilton
6m6 minutes ago
More
My mistake on the Calvin Pickard tweet: If #Leafs were to put in a waiver claim on him, and were the only team to do so, they could send him directly to the AHL within 30 days of claim (provided he doesn't play 10 or more NHL games after being claimed).

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
More
Calvin Pickard is back on waivers. Bad luck for the #Leafs he played in 11 games for the Flyers. If it was less than 10 games, Toronto could re-claim him, and if they were the only ones putting a claim, send him straight to the AHL without more waivers.

I would still expect them to put in a claim though... then through the waiver process again... I'm not sure who would actually claim him, for NHL usage.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
More
i mean i doubt it matters. Philly wont claim him again. They have Lyon and Stolarz in the AHL they dont need Pickard there too. If no team outside Toronto puts in a claim then they should feel comfortable waiving him again

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
So it should be pretty automatic, Leafs are putting in a claim here, and as long as nobody else does, he'll be shoring up the Marlies goaltending woes soon enough.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Kristen Shilton‏Verified account @kristen_shilton 6m6 minutes ago
More
My mistake on the Calvin Pickard tweet: If #Leafs were to put in a waiver claim on him, and were the only team to do so, they could send him directly to the AHL within 30 days of claim (provided he doesn't play 10 or more NHL games after being claimed). Carry on.
Was just about to come in and correct that, haha

The passage is a little vague:

13.22 When a Club claims a Player on Regular or Unconditional Waivers, and, subsequently, in the same season it requests Waivers on the same Player and the original owning Club is the successful and only Club making a Waiver claim, then the original owning Club shall be entitled to Loan such Player to a club in another league within thirty days without further Waivers being asked; provided that such Player has not participated in ten or more NHL Games (cumulative) and remained on an NHL roster more than thirty days (cumulative) following such successful claim.

"successful claim" here refers to Toronto successfully reclaiming Pickard, but I can see how it can be interpreted as Philly's successful claim.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Pickard and Dea (both previously claimed on waivers this season) are on waivers

Please, Dorion, for the love of god please claim Pickard.

We need an NHL-capable backup in the worst possible way. Craig Anderson is going to drop dead from exhaustion by Christmas if you keep playing him like you have so far this season.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Please, Dorion, for the love of god please claim Pickard.

We need an NHL-capable backup in the worst possible way. Craig Anderson is going to drop dead from exhaustion by Christmas if you keep playing him like you have so far this season.

You think a guy, who in 11 games this year, has a GAA of 4.01 and a SV% of 0.863, is a NHL answer to anything?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You think a guy, who in 11 games this year, has a GAA of 4.01 and a SV% of 0.863, is a NHL answer to anything?

We currently have a 35 year old AHL journeyman as our backup in Mike McKenna, who has a career 29 games of NHL experience.

Pickard is an upgrade, and considering that Pickard is free, makes close to the NHL minimum, and has an expiring contract, this is probably the best our sad-sack front office and ownership structure will allow for.

I'd rather gamble on a guy who has shown promise before and might be able to recapture his old form, than a 35 year old career minor-leaguer who has proven that he can't.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
We currently have a 35 year old AHL journeyman as our backup in Mike McKenna, who has a career 29 games of NHL experience.

Pickard is an upgrade, and considering that Pickard is free, makes close to the NHL minimum, and has an expiring contract, this is probably the best our sad-sack front office and ownership structure will allow for.

I'd rather gamble on a guy who has shown promise before and might be able to recapture his old form, than a 35 year old career minor-leaguer who has proven that he can't.

so Belleville would have 4 goalie now ? thats much money paid for nothing

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Chris Johnston is reporting the Pens claimed J-S Dea from the Devils.

Last edited:

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Soshnikov, Darling and Zykov on waivers.

Zykov is one to look out for, here

I'm surprised by Zykov being waived. I do see him getting claimed. Teams who are desperate for scoring like LA and Arizona should take a look at him for sure. He would give Kovalchuk another Russian to play with at least...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad