Waived: Ongoing 2018-19 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
Are these conventional or unconditional waivers?
I don't see anything about unconditionnal waivers. There also hasn't really been any rumbling in Montréal about him. He's been patiently waiting his turn this year and hasn't complained from what we know.

To sum up the situation : he had an amazing year in the AHL last season, got called up when Montréal had a bunch of injuries. Played decent in the NHL.

Then this season, he had a good training camp, got lost in the shuffle when the season started (too many wingers in Montréal, coach doesn't trust him on the fourth line or with Kotkaniemi). Got sent down on a conditionning stint, didn't do much in Laval (was coasting, pretty much). Then got recalled at the end of the stint and never played with the Canadiens despite the injuries to Armia and Byron.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I don't see anything about unconditionnal waivers. There also hasn't really been any rumbling in Montréal about him. He's been patiently waiting his turn this year and hasn't complained from what we know.

To sum up the situation : he had an amazing year in the AHL last season, got called up when Montréal had a bunch of injuries. Played decent in the NHL.

Then this season, he had a good training camp, got lost in the shuffle when the season started (too many wingers in Montréal, coach doesn't trust him on the fourth line or with Kotkaniemi). Got sent down on a conditionning stint, didn't do much in Laval (was coasting, pretty much). Then got recalled at the end of the stint and never played with the Canadiens despite the injuries to Armia and Byron.

I’m all for Scherbak to succeed & I still don’t understand why he didn’t get a chance on PP (especially how atrocious it is) but let’s not kid ourselves, his training camp was really bad, far from good.

I agree with the rest though

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

Thanks!

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
soshnikov, zykov and now scherbak are three young russians waived in three days.

would be interesting if they had common agent/management.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
I’m all for Scherbak to succeed & I still don’t understand why he didn’t get a chance on PP (especially how atrocious it is) but let’s not kid ourselves, his training camp was really bad, far from good.

I agree with the rest though
You're right. I misremembered. He definitely had a disappointing training camp this year.

Reactions: Hardworker33

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
He had a terrible training camp. The main reason he got waived because he showed flashes last year. But he seems to really lack hockey IQ.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

Again a player listed as being on injured reserve on capfriendly on waivers.

I thought this was considered bad sport, but in this I was obviously wrong again.

Last edited:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
scherbak is going to get claimed imo...LA, detroit, Pho..someone is going to take chance on this kid

BobbyShehan

May 29, 2008
NJ
Kid started playing hockey on the late and he's still only 22... He's got good vision as a play maker and can score. He should get claimed but he needs another year or two to develop to full potential. Injuries slowed him down lately and the Habs have been sucking at development for years. He'll get claimed or they'll keep him under better (...hopefully...) coaching in the AHL.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Boston with a depleted AHL teams was expecting to grab a couple of these guys. Sick and tired of the complacent management team.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
2nz9cp.jpg

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Leipsic waived is a bummer, he had played okay and Gaudette wouldn't have to go through waivers. I also think Gaudette could use more playing time in the AHL. In addition, Schaller should have been waived first imo.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
I hope the best for Leipsic. He’s a little bundle of energy that never quits. Good skating ability and a lot of flash to his game.

Downside is he never really plays off of his line mates, and is a one man show most of the time. Also for the amount of chances he gets, he should produce a lot more. Lot a flash, but not a lot of substance.

He is young though, so in the right environment he could be a useful energy player. He would fit in well with a team with big strong forwards. With ours (Canucks) weaklings up front, he just wasn’t the right fit.

Reactions: hangman005

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
leipsic may yet be one of those small guys who needs a little extra time to figure out how to compensate for size in the nhl and then takes off. i also think he might be a good complimentary piece on a stronger team .

Reactions: hangman005
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad