Advice: One-timer Problem

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
So, it's now a year (more or less) since I tried a one-piece stick and I'm still having some issues with my one-timers.

I'll try to explain with my limited English.. Hard passes from the other wing (like I'm on the left wing and partner is on the right wing) or from behind me I have no problem with. The problem is hard passes that are coming directly towards me, for example: the passer is behind the net and I'm on the high slot. My twig & blade just felt really weak upon impact, I often got the feeling that it's about to snap.

My techniques are solid, not pro-quality or anything but solid enough. I've been playing for about 15 years and never had problems with a wood stick or shaft+blade combos, currently using a Vapor APX 67 flex cut down to 75. The problem is gone when I'm using a TotalOne but I want to keep using my APX because I love its dimension and balance since I have small hands.

Is there any advice you guys can give me? Technique adjustment tips, sticks, anything really.

Thanks

ANy chance you play(ed) tennis? Treat it like a volley at the net. If the pass is hard enough, its almost like a 'block' back (towards the goal). Strong on the stick, but not as much movement.

michaelshu

Jan 26, 2012
Hockey Hell
ANy chance you play(ed) tennis? Treat it like a volley at the net. If the pass is hard enough, its almost like a 'block' back (towards the goal). Strong on the stick, but not as much movement.

Nope I don't play tennis but I tried your suggestion and it did help as long as I hit the puck with the heel of the blade. When I hit it with the middle or toe then the puck kinda stopped or bounced off..

My shaft + blade combo should arrive after the holidays, so let see what happens. I kinda have a feeling that the P92 curve has something to do with it too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad