One Reason for Panic, One Reason for Confidence

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I'm not sure which game you were watching. Marc Staal was horrendous last night, Girardi was quietly solid, McDonagh broke many Bruins' cycles and Del Zotto generated many scoring chances.

Im not sure what game you were watching if you thought Del Zotto played well.

I never said anything about Staal playing well?

Del Zotto got the puck trapped in the rangers own zone multiple times because he wasent willing to take a hit and made a poor decision instead.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
We have nothing to fear but fear itself.
Not original, but apt FOR THE MOMENT.

I keep complaining about the need for more scoring.
It seems we finally get close to enough firepower (more wouldn't hurt), and the guys didn't mesh well.

Still, it's very early, and they apparently need practices to get chemistry.

If no scoring then, THEN we have a REAL problem.

We worked hard (enough) but not smart (enough) last night.
A brilliant night by a G did not beat us, but another talented team making a better effort. I'm not taking hustle, but coordinated team play.

Again, very, very early .......... FOR NOW.

*Bob Richards*

Confidence: Even out our absolute worst and most atrocious moments, we always have a chance with Hank in net.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Be calm, remember the beginning of last season? Everybody here was going mad. Half the team would've been traded and Torts sacked.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Confidence: Even out our absolute worst and most atrocious moments, we always have a chance with Hank in net.

This is true. We were getting pretty much throttled last night and came very close to tying it.

On the same token, while Hank gives us a chance to squeak out bad games, or even ok games, I'd like to see us come out and just outplay a team alot more often than we do.

*Bob Richards*

Look to your left.

You have interesting good luck charms, but I'll take it.

Panic: The only thing I'm really worried about is staying healthy when the post season rolls around. Losing Boyle during the Sens series was very noticeable and losing Cally two years ago was horrific.

Stugots

YNWA
Jan 10, 2009
Upper West Side
I'm not going to panic about it because it is one game, but I really hope the powerplay will improve this season. I'm not expecting it to be #1, but it should be at least in the top half of the league.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not going to panic about it because it is one game, but I really hope the powerplay will improve this season. I'm not expecting it to be #1, but it should be at least in the top half of the league.

Hell I'll even settle for 15th or 16th in %, just don't be embarrassing and put some pressure on. Too many easy kills. Make them earn it at least. It's not just about efficiency. It's more so that our PP just murders momentum. I would take a pedestrian 16th ranked PP if it at least put some chances up.

That and the 5 on 3 needs to get so much better I can't even put it into words. Every single team in the league should be considered playing with fire 5 on 3. All 30 of them. The Rangers are downright futile 5 on 3. It's literally worse than the 5 on 4. You can't make this **** up :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad