Value of: One of Columbus' Russian wingers to Minnesota

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Would coloumbus consider trading nyquist(50%) and a 3rd for a 7th or futures? Need to shed cap now that Johnny hockey is signed and gus is an expiring contract which would work for us.
Doubt they want to retain

Well according to Columbus fans both Marchenko and Chinakhov don't have spots on the Jackets top9 right now, and using them as 4th line wingers is stupid. They have Laine and Bjorkstrand as RW, both are pretty young. They have another RW in Voracek for the next 2 years. Where is the place for Chinakhov?

They have Johnny H, Texier, Robinson, Domi as LW. Where is the place for Marchenko? So contrary to what some people say in the thread I know what I'm talking about.
Elc’s

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Chinakhov and Marchenko are waivers exempt so easily can be sent to the AHL until the winger glut is resolved. Certainly less drastic than just trading them for peanuts “just because”

Yeah Marchenko refused to resign with SKA to go playing in the AHL... On the other hand it can be a good lesson to the kids and all Russian young players.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kshahdoo isn't wrong about the glut in Columbus, at least a couple wingers will have to be traded. And though I would personally use the AHL for Chinakhov and maybe Marchenko, I have some doubts that Jarmo would - he rarely ever sends Euros there, as if he has promised them NHL time. I wouldn't have a problem with rolling one of them over for a first round pick. You just can't develop like six ELC forwards at the same time, I know that's like the HF dream, but it doesn't work.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Well according to Columbus fans both Marchenko and Chinakhov don't have spots on the Jackets top9 right now, and using them as 4th line wingers is stupid. They have Laine and Bjorkstrand as RW, both are pretty young. They have another RW in Voracek for the next 2 years. Where is the place for Chinakhov?

They have Johnny H, Texier, Robinson, Domi as LW. Where is the place for Marchenko? So contrary to what some people say in the thread I know what I'm talking about.
Injuries happen. Healthy scratches happen. That's when holes open for the kids.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Yeah Marchenko refused to resign with SKA to go playing in the AHL... On the other hand it can be a good lesson to the kids and all Russian young players.
He also didn’t sign with the CBJ to get traded to Minnesota a couple months later, either.

Reactions: Viqsi

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010

More likely they move Laine or Bjorkstrand or Nyqvist(!) than they move prospects imo

He can always... go back to Russia :sarcasm:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
More likely they move Laine or Bjorkstrand or Nyqvist(!) than they move prospects imo

He can always... go back to Russia :sarcasm:

Moving a high-cap player like Nyquist is enough to bring them down to about 16 NHL forwards, it's already factored in and there's still too many bodies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Quick question for CBJ fans, was Chinakhov rushed into the NHL? I notice he was a -27 this year.
I don’t think I would use the word “rushed”. Columbus did not really compete last season and Chinakhov was given good experience playing with players like Voracek. Surely, his defensive game is non existing, but that year had to be a good lesson for him on what areas to improve. He’s got an NHL level shot already, had glimpses of playmaking abilities, just needs to work on defensive and physical aspects

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Chinakhov showed the shot that made him a 1st round pick from time to time but most of the time looked completely lost, he needs development time. Marchenko is more polished so I could see him getting icetime

Reactions: thebus88

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
"Would coloumbus consider trading nyquist(50%) and a 3rd for a 7th or futures? Need to shed cap now that Johnny hockey is signed and gus is an expiring contract which would work for us."

No but we'd probably just give him to you...:sarcasm:

Seriously, I think Nyquist is the logical trade candidate (although some fans don't agree) but your "offer" is a nonstarter. At 50% retained it doesn't solve our cap issues and to throw in a 3rd for your 7th is bonkers. I'd like to think we could get a 2nd for him or possibly a couple of 3rds.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Would coloumbus consider trading nyquist(50%) and a 3rd for a 7th or futures? Need to shed cap now that Johnny hockey is signed and gus is an expiring contract which would work for us.

Imagine being able to sign a do-everything 53 pt player to a 1 year $2.75m contract. That would be considered a steal.

There is a chance that the Jackets might be able to get under the cap that way, if Laine's deal is low enough or if one of Bean or Boqvist is on the move. But we'd make you pay a pretty price to get Gus at half. That's like a 1st rounder level compensation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad