Value of: One of Columbus' Russian wingers to Minnesota

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It looks like Columbus has too many wingers, and with Fiala gone Minni wouldn't mind to get someone cheap but NHL ready and with potential. So what about one of Marchenko or Chinakhov to the Wild? Minnesota can pay with picks.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Columbus certainly has a glut of wingers, however I'm not sure these are either of the ones they move unless it's for an upgrade in a package.

Also, aren't you just trying to trade Russians away from Minnesota? Now it's send Russians to Kaprizov.....

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Columbus certainly has a glut of wingers, however I'm not sure these are either of the ones they move unless it's for an upgrade in a package.

Also, aren't you just trying to trade Russians away from Minnesota? Now it's send Russians to Kaprizov.....
Have kaprizov, drafted Marat and yurov in back to back years

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
While there is a glut of wingers on Columbus, I don’t think moving Marchenko or Chinakhov for picks is a good fit right now. Chinakhov was a late 1st and Marchenko was an early 2nd and both players have developed very well so far. The price would be more than a 2nd and I can’t see anyone giving up a 1st at this time.

Reactions: andora

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
While there is a glut of wingers on Columbus, I don’t think moving Marchenko or Chinakhov for picks is a good fit right now. Chinakhov was a late 1st and Marchenko was an early 2nd and both players have developed very well so far. The price would be more than a 2nd and I can’t see anyone giving up a 1st at this time.

All but the worst teams would give up a first for either player.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Well according to Columbus fans both Marchenko and Chinakhov don't have spots on the Jackets top9 right now, and using them as 4th line wingers is stupid. They have Laine and Bjorkstrand as RW, both are pretty young. They have another RW in Voracek for the next 2 years. Where is the place for Chinakhov?

They have Johnny H, Texier, Robinson, Domi as LW. Where is the place for Marchenko? So contrary to what some people say in the thread I know what I'm talking about.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
Well according to Columbus fans both Marchenko and Chinakhov don't have spots on the Jackets top9 right now, and using them as 4th line wingers is stupid. They have Laine and Bjorkstrand as RW, both are pretty young. They have another RW in Voracek for the next 2 years. Where is the place for Chinakhov?

They have Johnny H, Texier, Robinson, Domi as LW. Where is the place for Marchenko? So contrary to what some people say in the thread I know what I'm talking about.

First off Domis in Chicago. Tex is a center. Robinson is a 4th liner.

We do have too many wingers right now. Neither of the guys you've mentioned will be the ones to go, especially Marchenko.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

It doesn't matter where the Russian Hockey Voltron happens, just that it happens. :sarcasm:

Reactions: NyQuil and Viqsi

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think Columbus needs to see what it has in Chinakhov and Marchenko first before trading either of them.

While the Jackets do need to move a winger or two, they also need to move some salary. So that makes me think that they want to move Nyquist.

Reactions: hn777 and Dumais

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
It looks like Columbus has too many wingers, and with Fiala gone Minni wouldn't mind to get someone cheap but NHL ready and with potential. So what about one of Marchenko or Chinakhov to the Wild? Minnesota can pay with picks.
Wild not gonna get either of these top-tier prospects;
like every team (incl Wild) CBJ can survive, with big Cap Hit guys,
by fleshing out lineup with NHL ready younger/cheaper guys on ELCs/2nd contracts

either of these guys would might cost about what Fiala brought in,
not because of what they've done yet, but what they should deliver

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
First off Domis in Chicago. Tex is a center. Robinson is a 4th liner.

We do have too many wingers right now. Neither of the guys you've mentioned will be the ones to go, especially Marchenko.

Well, was wrong with Domi. Texier is LW/C and Columbus has Jenner, Roslovic and Sillinger as top9 centers, so I doubt Texier will play at the position. And Columbus has Johnson who is another center but will probably play as LW. And I don't count Nyquist...

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Well, was wrong with Domi. Texier is LW/C and Columbus has Jenner, Roslovic and Sillinger as top9 centers, so I doubt Texier will play at the position. And Columbus has Johnson who is another center but will probably play as LW. And I don't count Nyquist...
Nobody knows where anyone is going to play until the season starts, which means most if not all the young guys are off the table.

Bemstrom could probably be had if you want a winger. Jarmo has been talking up Marchenko. He's not going anywhere. And Jarmo reached for Chinakov. He's not going anywhere yet either.

Reactions: hn777

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Chinakhov and Marchenko are waivers exempt so easily can be sent to the AHL until the winger glut is resolved. Certainly less drastic than just trading them for peanuts “just because”

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
It probably wouldn't be for picks. The wild have a ton of D prospects and don't have room for all of them. Probably swap a D prospect for one of the wingers

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
There’s no point in trading either one of them, Columbus will be trading one of the wingers with sizable salary

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
We have a current winger to play with Kaprizov, and we have a Russian winger to play with him in the future as well. No need to go bothering Columbus.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
We're used to them from when Panarin and Bobrovsky were the targets. But that ultimately ended in the worst possible way - they went to separate teams. It set back Russian Voltron by years.
I anticipate an uptick in "Would the Wild consider moving Kaprizov to (insert team with Russian player here) for (insert spare parts here)" during the dark years of the buyouts the Wild are facing.

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
Would coloumbus consider trading nyquist(50%) and a 3rd for a 7th or futures? Need to shed cap now that Johnny hockey is signed and gus is an expiring contract which would work for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad