OT: One more for the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
I have no idea what you or anyone is talking about.

For all you doge haters.

3fc41f1c1cc493814a2cfe48352c84f1efc3bc69acfc037a4aa46bc83236fff0.jpg

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Nirvana among 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees:
Nirvana, the influential Seattle grunge band founded by the late Kurt Cobain, and the flamboyant 1970s rockers from KISS were among six new inductees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the organization said on Tuesday.

British singers and songwriters Peter Gabriel and Cat Stevens, folk-pop singer Linda Ronstadt and rock and soul duo Hall and Oates completed the list of performer inductees to the prestigious Hall of Fame, chosen from 16 nominees.

The induction ceremony will take place in New York City on April 10, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation said in a statement.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What's going on JB?

My son's school had to call CPS because he told them that when he was trying to destroy my iPhone, I grabbed his arm to stop him and there was a small bruise.

And last night I was questioning my recollection of what happened because I remember not touching him and using the age old "my arms are longer than your arms" technique. The younger two seemed to remember things the same way I did, so that helped my sanity a bit.

They told him they couldn't tell if the bruise was from me or something else like karate or hockey or being a kid and they had to report it.

Although, I'm glad it was that scenario as opposed to someone else trying to cause issues.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
My sister is at that stage right now. She's 11. She is possibly the worst child in the history of children.

He's not the worst child in the world. He just has his challenging moments, is all.

Last Wednesday morning was one of them.

One of my favorite things was his mom telling me yesterday that when she asks him to do something that he doesn't want to do, like say pick up his dirty clothes, he tells her "You are being just like dad...".

It didn't sound like she took it as an insult.

:laugh:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
At least he isn't the WOAT child. My sister threatens to call child service agencies whenever Mother or I deny her things she wants us to buy etc. pretty much pushes everyone's buttons and then starts yapping about how she's hated and wants to run away etc... Ugh. Glad I'm in university 8 hours a day and at work for 6 :laugh:

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
At least he isn't the WOAT child. My sister threatens to call child service agencies whenever Mother or I deny her things she wants us to buy etc. pretty much pushes everyone's buttons and then starts yapping about how she's hated and wants to run away etc... Ugh. Glad I'm in university 8 hours a day and at work for 6 :laugh:

Doesn't work for all kids, but when my kids start being selfish and lose appreciation for all that they have, we volunteer at the homeless shelter and soup kitchens for a few days.

My 8 year old still doesn't really grasp it, but it brings my 11 year back down to Earth pretty quickly.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

I'd give her the number to call and say go ahead.

:laugh:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I might actually propose that idea. Her big thing right now was one of her extremely spoiled rotten kids (The parents wait on her and take her out of school once a week to go shopping..) went to a roller skating rink ... WITH HER OWN ROLLER SKATES!!!! My sister does not partake in said activity enough to own an own pair. She was crying in her room for 3 hours about it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Thankfully my kids aren't too entitled when it comes to buying them stuff.

With them, it tends to be more about waiting on them at home with throwing stuff out, making special meals if they think they won't like dinner, etc.

My GF and I are putting a halt to that stuff. Like last night's crock pot chicken soup was dinner. If you didn't want to try it, go to your room...

But, they did ask Santa for some expensive stuff. Too bad for them that their Santa doesn't have that kind of budget.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My son's school had to call CPS because he told them that when he was trying to destroy my iPhone, I grabbed his arm to stop him and there was a small bruise.

And last night I was questioning my recollection of what happened because I remember not touching him and using the age old "my arms are longer than your arms" technique. The younger two seemed to remember things the same way I did, so that helped my sanity a bit.

They told him they couldn't tell if the bruise was from me or something else like karate or hockey or being a kid and they had to report it.

Although, I'm glad it was that scenario as opposed to someone else trying to cause issues.

Heh. Interesting. I'm sure "Hey CPS, I didn't let my son break something expensive." doesn't fly either, regardless of the "how".

I'm glad my son is only 9. Granted, I'm starting to get the "Dad, let me do this on my own!" type of stuff. The teens are looming.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Thankfully my kids aren't too entitled when it comes to buying them stuff.

With them, it tends to be more about waiting on them at home with throwing stuff out, making special meals if they think they won't like dinner, etc.

My GF and I are putting a halt to that stuff. Like last night's crock pot chicken soup was dinner. If you didn't want to try it, go to your room...

But, they did ask Santa for some expensive stuff. Too bad for them that their Santa doesn't have that kind of budget.

That's similar to what we did. Our son is almost 15. Starting at about 10, we slowly started to not make special dinners for him. It exposes him to different tastes, and developed his taste buds to know what he likes and doesn't. Now we make him a different meal maybe 1/10 of the time. And over the years we've taught him how to use a microwave, how to cook basic things like Mac n cheese or a grilled cheese sandwich, boil water to make ramen noodles etc.. And how to use a toaster oven. Now, once every 3-4 weeks he makes an entire dinner for the whole family, with a little supervision of course.

I think if some parents don't develop that kitchen independence at an early age they are setting their kids up for microwave dinners and poor eating habits. And that breeds obesity, and health issues as an adult. And who knows, it may also develop a passion to pursue a career in the food or service industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad