Value of: One for one Trade for Adam Gaudette

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I wonder if Gaudette might appeal to a team like Tampa that is facing cap issues. They may not be able to afford Cirelli's next contract and adding an offensive 3C that's only due a 10.2c contract could solve some issues for them.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I mean it's so funny & comical the argument you are using. Jake V name was barely mentioned, if ever during any of the games. Fiala single handedly dominated Vancouver. Just because wild struggled on O, & in G means anyone is going to trade Joel Eriksson Ek, & Dumba for another G prospect In demko, or a backup in demko, a winger in Virtanen who value is low, & most importantly Virtanen is a winger who wild don't need.

Seems you are upses that wild wouldn't ever trade Joel Eriksson Ek & Dumba for a F they don't need, a winger they don't need or want. Gaudette also isn't better than Ek.

Funny how you forget to mention Vancouver had the better G. Demko hasn't proven crap to be considered by wild. Dude pretty much all of Vancouver fan base would trade Demko as an added to Bad Contract.

Dominated right to elimination.

I'm not advocating the trade. It's bad, these teams aren't good partners.

And yeah, we had Markstrom in game 1 too, a lot of good it did us. Virtanen got us going 3-0, Markstrom is 3-1, and Fiala "dominated" to 1-3.

Reactions: FOurteenS inCisOr

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
You should look at wild prospect & wingers before coming back to me.

Demko isn't good, & wild have one of the top G prospect in MHL with Kaapo kahkonen. Wild also signed 3rd round pick in 2018 Hunter Jones to 3 years Elc. Wild also have mat Robson who they signed to 2 years as a college free agent. Robson & Kaapo kahkonen are better than Demko.

Virtanen was benched 1st game against wild, & he would be luck to make wild 3rd line, much less 4th line as winger.

So yeah, it's not pissy to say wild would never trade Dumba & Joel Eriksson Ek for Gaudette, Virtanen who they don't need; or want, & Demko who they don't need either

Again, you can dislike a proposal without trashing the players involved.

Grow up.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Demko isn't good, & wild have one of the top G prospect in MHL with Kaapo kahkonen. Wild also signed 3rd round pick in 2018 Hunter Jones to 3 years Elc. Wild also have mat Robson who they signed to 2 years as a college free agent. Robson & Kaapo kahkonen are better than Demko.

Virtanen was benched 1st game against wild, & he would be luck to make wild 3rd line, much less 4th line as winger.

So yeah, it's not pissy to say wild would never trade Dumba & Joel Eriksson Ek for Gaudette, Virtanen who they don't need; or want, & Demko who they don't need either
That might not be a good trade for the Wild but Virtanen is a good middle 6 winger and Demko is better than every goalie in the Wild organization.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Again, you can dislike a proposal without trashing the players involved.

Grow up.

Really? Because saying Virtanen, or Gaudette aren't good players is a fact; not trashing players; it's a fact.

Good players don't get benched. Virtanen & demko has been used in trade rumors to get rid of bad contracts.

Simply Joel Eriksson Ek isn't getting traded for Gaudette

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
That might not be a good trade for the Wild but Virtanen is a good middle 6 winger and Demko is better than every goalie in the Wild organization.

No actually he isn't. Demko isn't better than AHL Goalie of the year in Kaapo if demko was so good, he would be starting in Vancouver.

Virtanen was on 3rd; or 4th line . Again he isn't needed , or wanted on wild

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
No actually he isn't. Demko isn't better than AHL Goalie of the year in Kaapo if demko was so good, he would be starting in Vancouver.

Thatcher Demko is every bit as good if not better than Kahkonen.
Just because Jake Virtanen isn't a player that the Wild need, doesn't make him a bad player. You really need to grow up and learn how to have a basic conversation without being outraged at every turn.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

The Canucks have this guy named Jacob Markstrom that prevents Demko from starting. Not sure if you have heard of him but he’s one of the best goalies on the planet.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
I say just hang onto him, if his offensive game improves (which I think is likely) at least he’ll have higher trade value.

If his defensive game improves, that’s a win. Also moving to wing is a potential option.

I don’t think a young productive player on ELC is someone we should be racing to get rid of. Old overpaid plugs on the other hand...

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
I wonder if Gaudette might appeal to a team like Tampa that is facing cap issues. They may not be able to afford Cirelli's next contract and adding an offensive 3C that's only due a 10.2c contract could solve some issues for them.

I was thinking the same thing; TB turned JT Miller & Nolan Foote into Blake Coleman due to cap issues.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver

The same Mat Robson that is only 3 months younger than Demko and was the 36-38th ranked goalie by stats in the AHL? The same Mat Robson that put up comparable numbers in the AHL this season to Demko's NHL numbers? That Mat Robson?

You just showed you're no better than the Canuck homers on this thread at this point and just like them, cannot evaluate talent. Mat Robson is better than Demko is a joke. You could poll this entire board and you'd be hard pressed to get even 1 other person to agree with you. You could poll just the Minnesota board and still not have another person agree with you. Kahkonen could very well be but he is a year behind Demko. He is doing exactly what Demko did last year in an injury filled season for Demko. Demko was considered unproven but a top goalie prospect at the end of last year. Thats where Kahkonen is now, a 5 game NHL sample size isnt going to make him better than Demko when Demko put up better numbers in a bigger sample at the same age in the NHL last year.

Winning AHL goalie of the year shows Kahkonen is trending upwards and is a good goalie prospect but at the same time winning that award doesn't correlate to becoming a NHL goaltender. Over the last 20 years, only 5 of the previous winners have become legit NHL starters (Murray, Schneider, Miller, Roloson, Biron). 2 became a 1B goalie (Allen, Bernier). so 7/20 became NHL caliber.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad