Post-Game Talk: on to the next

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
That first pairing is not going to work in the playoffs. Ericsson was on the ice for all four (non-empty net) goals against, and Kronwall's play on Hudler's game-winning goal was comical.

Howard needs to string a few good starts together, too.
We're good enough up front and in goal (even though Howard was awful tonite) to compete for a Cup. We are nowhere near good enough on the back end. I'd like every HF poster on this board to take each playoff contending #1 defensive pair and realistically ask themselves where Kronwall/Ericsson would rank...because if we were objective it would be near the bottom. We either need better quality depth 1-6 or a true, bona-fide game-changing #1 d-man...hopefully that is Holland's main agenda this off-season.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
We just lessened the risk of meeting LA in the finals.

tumblr_lnggmrXgbm1qbw3a4o1_400.gif

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Yeah, bad game despite playing well... Thanks to Smith and then Howie for the loss. Hope they buy the guys dinner. Howard simply was not ready for shots on two of the goals. He wasn't in the game at all. Bleh. On to the next one.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
nope. whole team was garbage defensively

just fed up with smith consistently taking dumb, stupid penalties

I understand the frustration. The penalties are unacceptable, and they do hurt the team.

But I am FAR more concerned with the crap Kronwall is pulling the last few weeks. He stands to face top lines and the hardest competition to the play-offs, and he is letting guys walk up to his goalie and give Howard a kiss before he snipes them.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Hopefully the defense stops screening the goalie and starts blocking shots by the playoffs.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
So if we have a good start, we suck the rest of the game? Is that how it works? Jeez.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Yeah, bad game despite playing well... Thanks to Smith and then Howie for the loss. Hope they buy the guys dinner. Howard simply was not ready for shots on two of the goals. He wasn't in the game at all. Bleh. On to the next one.

How again does this one get hung on Smith?

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
How again does this one get hung on Smith?

His stupid penalty was the difference between going out of the period probably with a solid 2 goal lead and it being 2-1. He started it all.

Hopefully the defense stops screening the goalie and starts blocking shots by the playoffs.

I know right? Hopefully Howard get prepared for shots, I mean it is the NHL, you'd think an NHL goalie would expect a shot at any time. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I wish NHL.com worked for my browser/ISP/whatever so I could see the highlights and these goals everyone is in a fuss over.

Stupid NHL. At least my beer league team won our playoff game. Right guyz?

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
The team as a whole played more than good enough to win. Big E and Jimmy can share full responsibility for the loss.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
His stupid penalty was the difference between going out of the period probably with a solid 2 goal lead and it being 2-1. He started it all.

Remind me again how many goals the Flames scored and how many goals the Wings scored

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I know right? Hopefully Howard get prepared for shots, I mean it is the NHL, you'd think an NHL goalie would expect a shot at any time. :laugh:

Not much he can do when Hudler has all day in front of the net with a defensemen screening him.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Disgusting game. These lines look good on paper but.... I'm not so sure now. Also do think Howard is going on a downward trend since he's hit 30 now?

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Yeah, only one line and one pairing showed up.

The kids are a mess.

Andersson won all 4 of his faceoffs. Cool.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Disgusting game. These lines look good on paper but.... I'm not so sure now. Also do think Howard is going on a downward trend since he's hit 30 now?

You did see him before his groin injury this year, right?

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Ericsson got less than 3 minutes of ice time in the 3rd. His last shift in the 3rd ended with 6:22 left to go.

Benched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad