Post-Game Talk: on to the next

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
I only saw the 3rd period, but at no point did they even attempt to compete. And this was a winnable game against a tired team that played last night. What gives?

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Demoralizing loss.

Just win the next couple please.

A-Z-C only good players.

Nyquist needs an explosion... badly.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
Howard follows a great performance with a terrible performance. Average goalie is average

I don't know about others, but I don't have much confidence in him to stay consistent in a playoff run.

J-Swift

Jan 5, 2006
That first pairing is not going to work in the playoffs. Ericsson was on the ice for all four (non-empty net) goals against, and Kronwall's play on Hudler's game-winning goal was comical.

Howard needs to string a few good starts together, too.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
How many of those "minuses" did Kronwall get in that scoring system?

I'd probably give him 100.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Went downhill after smith took that stupid penalty. Can't wait until he's sitting in the press box

How about the top pair giving the shooters the front of the net left and right?

Or is it just 24/7 Smith bashing time?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Jimmy Howard impersonation.

giphy.gif

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Well, that was maddening to watch.

I don't understand Jimmy at all. He's lights out one game, then the next game he lets in a pile of softies. I suppose though, in his defence, the blueline was awful tonight in their own zone also.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit

I'm not a fan of Smith but I agree he's been getting bashed on a little too much lately. Though, as of late, he's been taking an awful amount of bad penalties that are burning the team. Still, he's not the only one playing bad. Seems silly to single him out, especially when he's on the bottom pairing.

Truthfully the only Calgary goal I caught was Hudler's first one and Kronwall or Ericsson (forgot which side it happened on) gave Hudler until 2016 to get that shot off. It was at the Herb Brooks 'I'm going to make you skate until you puke after the game' level of bad defense on that play.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

nope. whole team was garbage defensively

just fed up with smith consistently taking dumb, stupid penalties

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I'm calling it a moral victory. Thought we largely outplayed them until some unfortunate goals deflated us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad