Dreger: On Halak Being Traded first “It feels that way to me”

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Yeah lets just forget that Kane should have never been given another chance in the NHL for the stuff he did, or unless your an Oilers fan then he should be given every chance so long as "muh team" wins.
Why? He was found innocent in every little witch-hunt they pulled on him.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
To Edmonton
Halak (Include the signing bonus)

To Vancouver
Mike Smith - Zack Kassian - 2nd Round

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
To Edmonton

To Vancouver
Do you have any justification for this deal other than get a back up for pieces we want to get rid of? Have you looked at the Canucks cap? There is zero chance A) Canucks add salary cap for next season in a Halak trade B) They bring Kassian back after his disaster of a showing in Vancouver both on and off the ice

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Both Foegele and Anton Forsberg + mid round pick would be easy yes' for me

Also no way kassian comes back to van either.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Do you have any justification for this deal other than get a back up for pieces we want to get rid of? Have you looked at the Canucks cap? There is zero chance A) Canucks add salary cap for next season in a Halak trade B) They bring Kassian back after his disaster of a showing in Vancouver both on and off the ice

What piece you replace Kassian for to make this work ?

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
To Edmonton

To Vancouver

Canucks can't take back over 5M of cap for next year.

If Kassian is getting yeeted to Arizona or something with retention, sure.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
What a crap organization. Who signs a player and than looks to trade him 9 games into the contract because they don't want to give him the bonus they agreed to in the summer.
An Oilers fan calling another team a crap organization is hilarious.

He was signed by a previous management. With the emergence of Martin, Canucks do not need Halak any more. It makes no sense to play Halak at all over him. Martin looks like he is developing into a solid youngish back up goalie. No need to squander this opportunity to continue to develop him just to keep Halak happy.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Totally fine if he's moved for a 2nd (at minimum) from a contender, since we don't really need him (and I think Spencer Martin deserves a shot to be Demko's backup after how well he played).

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Why? He was found innocent in every little witch-hunt they pulled on him.
As far as I can tell its only the NHL that absolved him of the accusations that he bet on his own games. But I mean the guy clearly treats his family like shit, on top of being nearly 30 mil in debt from gambling and who knows what else.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
To Edmonton

To Vancouver

So two negative value pieces, (Kassian is a straight up cap dump), + a 2nd for Halak?

You probably need to pay more than a 2nd just to get rid of Kassian.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
As far as I can tell its only the NHL that absolved him of the accusations that he bet on his own games. But I mean the guy clearly treats his family like shit, on top of being nearly 30 mil in debt from gambling and who knows what else.

So……… none of those things add up to losing a career.
Danny Heatly killed a teammate drunk driving.
Still played.
Doug Gilmore got a 15 year old girl pregnant.
Toronto LOVED him.
Countless cokeheads, woman beaters, sexual abusers…. All keep their careers.
But the guy who had an ex wife very obviously try to ruin him…… he is the one we need to kick out. Sure, he is a shitty gambler, but that’s all we have proof of.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
So……… none of those things add up to losing a career.
Danny Heatly killed a teammate drunk driving.
Still played.
Doug Gilmore got a 15 year old girl pregnant.
Toronto LOVED him.
Countless cokeheads, woman beaters, sexual abusers…. All keep their careers.
But the guy who had an ex wife very obviously try to ruin him…… he is the one we need to kick out. Sure, he is a shitty gambler, but that’s all we have proof of.
These examples are just proving my point that the NHL has a problem of letting these bad people run free and do illegal and immoral things and then rewarding them again with a million dollar contract. Its 2022 not 2005. Kane getting another chance is just gonna enable players to do the same in the future because they won't get punished. Its time to start making an example of these people. Also, you can believe that his wife is lying if you want, but I don't see any NHL wives or girlfriends saying the same things about their NHL husband, let alone going into that much detail about what they're doing.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
These examples are just proving my point that the NHL has a problem of letting these bad people run free and do illegal and immoral things and then rewarding them again with a million dollar contract. Its 2022 not 2005. Kane getting another chance is just gonna enable players to do the same in the future because they won't get punished. Its time to start making an example of these people. Also, you can believe that his wife is lying if you want, but I don't see any NHL wives or girlfriends saying the same things about their NHL husband, let alone going into that much detail about what they're doing.

Again, do what? The only thing proved is he is a bad gambler. That doesn’t equal getting kicked out of the league.

Some people are crazy. This woman made up 2-3 different things that were all investigated and found to be BS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad