Dreger: On Halak Being Traded first “It feels that way to me”

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
This is some e-motional posting. You don't care to care. You just see the word "Toronto" and you want blood. Mrazek is not a bum and Halak is moving on. You can't just dismiss things like that. Christ you reacted to my post 4 seconds after I posted it.
Tell me why Canucks would trade a cheaper backup with a more expensive one when they are trying to get some cap flexibility? Think before posting these ridiculous trade ideas that makes zero sense for Canucks especially when they have a 26 year old Martin that can be signed for very cheap next year as backup.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I can't see any team willingly taking on Halak's signing bonus unless Halak is coming for damn near free.
Halak will come pretty cheap for 3rd or 4th pick and he is probably one of the most reliable goalies available now. Find me another goalie that is similar or better, that you can get for a 4th rounder.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Halak will come pretty cheap for 3rd or 4th pick and he is probably one of the most reliable goalies available now. Find me another goalie that is similar or better, that you can get for a 4th rounder.

I can find you plenty of goalies who won't cause you to have a $1+ million cap penalty for next year.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
It's not a bad trade. Move on? This is my 3rd post here. Why are you aggressively ordering me to leave? It's just a trade proposal. No one ever got hurt in the process of talking about hockey on a hockey forum.

Definitely delusional. How about OEL for TJ Brodie? OEL is signed for longer term :naughty:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I can find you plenty of goalies who won't cause you to have a $1+ million cap penalty for next year.
Yeah you can find me plenty of garbage goalies for $1 million. If so, why arent Oilers getting one of those "plenty of goalies" but instead wanted Halak?

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
You’re completely clueless :help: An organization that never signed him to begin with…we have a complete new Front office who has zero obligation to keep him. Know your facts before calling Vancouver a “crap organization”.
Your team is literally trying to trade him so they don't have to pay him a bonus. Who cares if the new gm didn't sign him to it. You think this makes the Canucks organization look good to any future ufas lol?

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Better than the Oilers signing Kane.
Yeah what a shite organization giving players another chance at redemption. The only way it'd be comparable if we tried to trade him 6 games into his year because of bonus reasons luckily the oilers aren't that big of a joke.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
What a crap organization. Who signs a player and than looks to trade him 9 games into the contract because they don't want to give him the bonus they agreed to in the summer.
JR and Allvin didnt not signed that contract, it was a previous management and players know new management could trade them after evaluation. Thats like saying the organization is crap because new management got rid of old staff because they wanted to move in a different direction. Now if Benning was still here, I would agree with you.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
No their fans did. Didn’t they hire Bruce a guy know for making the playoffs and hired JR(72 years old) to run the organization? He also has won 3 cups as GM. I highly doubt he came in to rebuild and with the contracts they have they won’t have the ability to do so until 2 years from now
JR came in to win a cup but to win a cup you need some cheap depth and cap space. There is no way this team can do it with this roster in 2 years, they need to make changes. Imagine trying to go into playoffs and contend for a cup with Hunt and Juulsen in your bottom pairing and poolman in the top 4 lol

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
He is so bas, he has a 0,67 goal /game ratio, after being away from the game for a stretch. So bad.
Yeah what a shite organization giving players another chance at redemption. The only way it'd be comparable if we tried to trade him 6 games into his year because of bonus reasons luckily the oilers aren't that big of a joke.
Yeah lets just forget that Kane should have never been given another chance in the NHL for the stuff he did, or unless your an Oilers fan then he should be given every chance so long as "muh team" wins.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

The only reason Oilers signed Kane was because they were desparate and had no other moves and cap space. Please save that "holier than thou" attitude as if Oilers were trying to rehabilitate Kane by signing him. This is more about Oilers self interest vs. trying to help kane out. If they seriously wanted to help Kane, then maybe Oilers should have signed him to a longer contract for a bit more money than a 36 game tryout with zero risk as if that somehow makes the Oilers organization look more "classy" compared to Canucks lol.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Or how about

VGK 5th to Ottawa
Brossoit & VGK 3rd to Vancouver
Halak double retained @ 375k to Vegas

Vegas doesn't really clear the bonus cushion cap problem next year, but it seems like the type of short sighted move they'd do. :laugh:

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Or how about

VGK 5th to Ottawa
Brossoit & VGK 3rd to Vancouver
Halak double retained @ 375k to Vegas

Vegas doesn't really clear the bonus cushion cap problem next year, but it seems like the type of short sighted move they'd do. :laugh:

Done deal from Vancouver's POV. Seems like an overpay from Vegas end especially if they also take the hit next year.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't see the signing bonus being any issue for teams when his cap hit is only 1.5.

A 1.5 signing bonus is nothing for a team needing a solid backstop.

Cost for Halak is quite more favorable than say.... MAF as a backup.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Are you sure you want to post this after the past 2+ decades of Oiler hockey?

Reactions: zcaptain

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
JR came in to win a cup but to win a cup you need some cheap depth and cap space. There is no way this team can do it with this roster in 2 years, they need to make changes. Imagine trying to go into playoffs and contend for a cup with Hunt and Juulsen in your bottom pairing and poolman in the top 4 lol
But they have a top 15 player in the league on a cheap contract you don’t punt that away because you may never get that opportunity again. Canucks can acquire a Dman at the deadline to bolster their lineup. They have Podz on the 4th which shows the cheap depth you were talking about.

Canucks won’t have cap space for awhile due to Myers signing and the OEL/Garland acquisitions.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Your team is literally trying to trade him so they don't have to pay him a bonus. Who cares if the new gm didn't sign him to it. You think this makes the Canucks organization look good to any future ufas lol?
The Canucks organization didn’t sign Halak, Jim Benning did. Trading Halak doesn’t ruin a damn thing about signing future FA’s. You have no argument here.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Halak has a NMC.. I'd love him in Edmonton but players don't wavie those to come here.lol

Still.. Halak for Foegele would be my offer. Foegele is a bit overpaid but is on pace for 30 points and is a good addition to a bottom 6.

Also, I am very bias but I am calling it now, but I think the game 1 starter for the Leafs will be Mrazek. Second half will be stronger and he'll earn it in a tight schedule. Yes, I like Campbell... Yes, I expect no one to agree. Getting it on record now.lol
Fair trade I would do it. Then try and flip Dickinson for a 3rd

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad