Omgerddd Tha Sidney Crosby Thread!!!!!! How many pointz?!

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I feel like Ouellet played some games with him. I know on the PP but maybe even strength as well.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I can't remember the last time he's had a big game. Like a 5-6 point big game. He's really been drug down by his wingers and this pre-lockout hockey returning.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I can't remember the last time he's had a big game. Like a 5-6 point big game. He's really been drug down by his wingers and this pre-lockout hockey returning.

Yeah he's had one 4 pt game this year with the hatty against Tampa in October.

I like how consistent he's been, only three times has he gone more than a game without a point.

Fire Shero*

Good lord that's a sad list. How does Shero GM still have a job? Good grief.

Totally inexcusable after almost 8 years

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

He's also adapting his game to stay healthier longer. Not many scrums or deflections. If he had wingers he'd still put up Crosby points though.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I we're doing this season, this hurts, they were forgotten

Chuck Kobasew
Beau Bennett (it was so brief)
Joe Vitale
Brandon Sutter
Tanner Glass and Craig Adams get their ****ing looks.

I feel sorry for Crosby now, **** you, Pens.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
Sullivan played with Sid when he got back and in the Flyers series, didn't he?

Sullivan-Crosby-Dupuis happened for a bit iirc and before that

Cooke-Crosby-Kennedy

(when he was coming back and Staal was with sullivan and dupuis at first)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I do notice Crosby seems to be coasting a lot more this year than he's usually known for. In years past, he was like an energizer bunny every shift. This year, he has games where he's kind of circling around.

Maybe he's conserving energy for the playoffs. Who knows? But he doesn't seem to consistently bring that high-energy effort every single game like he was known for in the past.

Obviously he's being held to a higher standard when stating the above. The guy's still leading the NHL in scoring by a wide margin. But just in terms of effort level game in-game out, Sid seems less high tempo this year than in other seasons.

1) When's the last time Crosby played 82 games? (never). When's the last time he played 75+? (09-10)

2) Malkin's missed time, Neal's missed time, Dupuis' missed time, Bennett's missed time. Crosby is figuratively carrying this team.

3) Even when Dupuis went down, Bylsma refused to lighten the load on Crosby by giving him Neal (or even Jokinen), instead giving him Vitale, Glass or Gibbons to create the illusion of depth.

4) Until Stempniak came, it had been 2+ months since Crosby played with so much as a top-6 tweener.

5) He plays more minutes than all but one forward in the NHL. His coach never finds a way to give him the easy minutes.

6) 2013-2014 is his highest ATOI/game EVER.

7) This is an Olympic year, and I felt he was dominate for the last 3 games of the Olympics.

I'm not trying to preach or talk down to anyone, but I think there's an abundance of reasoning as to why Crosby would be "coasting" more than normal.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
21 points in 17 games since the break. 1.23 PPG
78 in 58 games before the break. 1.34 PPG

I think the Olympics definitely had an effect somewhat. Of course in the last 7 games he could put on 11 points and end up at 32 in 24 which would be 1.33 PPG.

110 is in his reach.

Bengui

Jul 24, 2009
Nice to finally get a full healthy season out of him, even if he's on his worst PPG pace since his rookie season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad