GDT: Olympics: Sun, 23-Feb-2014 | CAN v SWE | 7:00a ET | CBC | Gold Medal Game

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Canada was so perfectly dominant throughout this entire tournament..

Watching Ottawa the first game back may be brutal. We'll see.

Luckily Detroit is full of dejected Swedes right now. Let's take it to them and get into a playoff spot.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
The Swedish Hockey Federation confirmed on Sunday that Sweden and Washington Capitals forward Nicklas Backstrom has tested positive for a banned substance

Interesting.

How very devastating for Team Sweden to get that news just before the game.
I think they did well to hold it together as well as they did.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Well done Canada! An absolutely remarkable Olympic Games! Executed hockey greatness to perfection!! Quite possibly the greatest Olympic Team ever assembled in the game and quite possible in hockey anywhere ever!! Congrats to Sweden for being worthy opponents! They looked so impressive in the past 2 weeks but today wasn't their day but lots of respect to them! They looked tired near the end. I hope EK comes back with a bang. Completely invisible today, never noticed him. Tough game for him.!

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Here, let me rev up the excuse making machine.

It has been kind of funny to read and listen to all this talk about how the USA and then Sweden was going to destroy us when we faced them because we could barely beat some of the lower seeded teams.

Then as soon as we do "oh our injuries and Backstrom and..."

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
So now we will switch from watching the amazingly smooth defending of Doughty, Pietrangelo, Vlasic, Weber to comedy of errors in Cowen, Gryba and Phillips...:cry: Quite a adjustment...

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
It has been kind of funny to read and listen to all this talk about how the USA and then Sweden was going to destroy us when we faced them because we could barely beat some of the lower seeded teams.

Then as soon as we do "oh our injuries and Backstrom and..."

I don't think I ever saw anyone project Sweden would destroy Canada. Most people were saying they would be lucky to stay in the game, but sure keep on telling yourself that.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
They crumbled with the adversity. They did ok considering. Let them vent, if that is in fact what they are doing.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
In the zone:
f4GRx3T.gif

Toews and Crosby are awesome. These guys love hockey so much and more importantly, respect each other so much.

I love when he shakes his head when the fan calls Crosby "over-hyped" and says Toews is the best Captain. Crosby asked for Toews' permission to be the Captain at the Olympics too.

It's chemistry like this that makes a huge difference in a tournament like this.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
After witnessing an incredible display of hockey at the Olympics one has to wonder if the NHL brand of hockey, with a spot reserved for a goon on almost every roster is still the way to go. Thoughts?

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Defensively Canada has been about perfect. offensively....ugh...they all have stonehandsitis. Can't figure out why.

The ice was pretty ****** all tournament. Other teams played good defensive hockey.

also just throwing it out there, seeing several 08 dmen at the Olympics, on a scale of 1 to 100, how are Ceci's chances to make the team in 2018?

Probably not great. I'll say 5.

Ceci's a RD, which is where Canada is really deep. Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo, and Subban are all young enough that they'll probably be on the 2018 team.

That was the greatest team any of us will ever see, ever. God bless Canada.

Honestly, yeah, it was one of the most dominant teams I've seen in the Olympics.

Mike Smith

It can't be Smith. Not enough flopping.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
You could tell before Canada scored that they were going to dominate the game. Too bad for Sweden, losing their top 3 centers was absolutely devastating.

Im not sure any team could have beaten those Canadians though. Boring ass game, but perfectly played by the local boys.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
This team just seemed to get a little better every game. I shudder to think how good they would be if they played for another two weeks.

As far as I'm concerned Drew Doughty and Shea Weber are the two best defensemen on the planet AINEC.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
After witnessing an incredible display of hockey at the Olympics one has to wonder if the NHL brand of hockey, with a spot reserved for a goon on almost every roster is still the way to go. Thoughts?

The nhl brand of hockey is what I'd rather watch. The nhl playoffs are far better than this year's Olympic snoozefest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad