OLYMPICS: Crosby, Kunitz, Martin, Orpik, Malkin, Jokinen, Maatta all selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Is Stammer hurt? I have been out of the loop recently.

Oh yeah... for a while. Broke his right leg (collided with the goal post) back in November. It's frankly pretty amazing that he came even this close to being healthy enough to go to Sochi. I guess his last few sessions have been a mix of good and bad, from what I've read. Must have been more bad than good, obviously.

I imagine St. Louis will replace him.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
It would seem weird to me for MSL not to make the team to start then end up playing on the 1st line to start the tourney.

Less weird than Kobasew going from healthy scratch to playing with Sid? :laugh:

Poor Stamkos. He tried so hard. It will be interesting to see who is named as the replacement. Does St Louis get snubbed for a 3rd time?

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
I can't help but feel like a huge homer in thinking James Neal should be on the team... But as a replacement for Stammer? He'd probably be the best pick. But, OH! The backlash if "Crosby gets his other buddy" on the team over Claude Giroux who he supposedly hates.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
it would be actually fun to watch sid and giroux playing on the same line, I bet Sid would still smack him in the middle of the play

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Arguments to be made for all of MSL, Thornton, Giroux, Neal, Hall and Seguin. Spin a wheel with any of the first four. They're all fantastic.

The only thing I'm sure of: Neal will be motivated tonight!!!!

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Take MSL... I kind of wish no Pens made it. Id rather them get a rest. I am selfish, Dont care about the gold medal and do about the Cup.... Im sort of scared of this one cause the Russians haven't exactly been known for great planning and have a large amount of security risks that are going to be magnified here. In a best case scenario IMO all the Pens teams are eliminated early so these guys can get back to the most important thing... the Stanley Cup

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
If Yzerman doesn't take St. Louis this time, he'd basically be punching St. Louis' ticket out of Tampa the first chance St. Louis got.

Screw the democratic process, take your guy Stevie Y.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Anyway, I'm extremely pleased for Olli Maatta to be named to the Finnish squad. He's definitely earned it, and is going to be one of the youngest players in the tournament, I think. Maybe only Valeri Nichushkin is younger, though I may be forgetting/missing somebody from the lesser countries.

Barkov is also playing for Team Finland. Turned 18 four months ago. He must be the youngest though it might be he made the team due to Saku Koivu declining. But youngest anyway and might make the top 6 if Mikko Koivu doesn't recover in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad