OLYMPICS: Crosby, Kunitz, Martin, Orpik, Malkin, Jokinen, Maatta all selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I hope he gets a chance to play, he deserves some success at this tourney. Hopefully, he out-produces the golden child himself, Rick Nash.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
MSL was left off the team partly because of concerns about his speed on the big ice. I doubt very much he plays with Crosby.

First of all, when has MSL ever been considered slow? Second, if they're concerned about speed, then why the hell is Rick Nash on that team?

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
First of all, when has MSL ever been considered slow? Second, if they're concerned about speed, then why the hell is Rick Nash on that team?

That's not my opinion, it was the opinion of the selection committee. I would not have selected Nash either, I'd have picked Duchesne.

And I truly can't wrap my head around why you'd send Orpik to the Olympics. Besides looking like huge homer goofballs, you'll destroy any trade value (and confidence) the guy has left on that ice. Even Martin is going to have his issues with that big surface and style of play. He certainly won't be able to cover for Orpik as he does in the NHL. And what happens if the team crashes and burns? Does that figure in to DB's status with the Pens if he crashes and burns in the PO this year too?

I just don't see much good coming out of this Olympics for team USA or us, aside from maybe Neal having a minor chip from his being left off the team. And getting Fleury some time off.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If Team USA falls flat on its face, Bylsma won't have to answer to the softball Pittsburgh media. He'll actually get some tough questions.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
If Team USA falls flat on its face, Bylsma won't have to answer to the softball Pittsburgh media. He'll actually get some tough questions.

USA Hockey doesn't see the kind of scrutiny as Canada or Russia, but he could and should get grilled about picking Orpik if he plays the same way at the Olympics as he has been playing for us.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 43s
The Olympic logo was missing a ring. I guess they were trying to make Alexander Ovechkin feel at home.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Looks like Poile isn't going over to the Olympics right away, Shero would be the GM, but i don't know if there is anything else for a GM to do right now unless an injury happens to a team USA player tonight or tomorrow.

Malkin112*

I guess Nisky likes Sid and Geno more then JJ and Maatta

Korpikoski - Granlund - J.Jokinen
Komarov - Kontiola - Aaltonen
O.Jokinen - Lehterä - Selänne
Pihlström - Barkov - Ruutu

M. Koivu and Filppula are out. that's garbage team

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
During last week's NY Stadium Series listening to Pierre McGuire slobber over Callahan and his impact on Team USA, is he even a lock to crack the opening line-up?

Parise-Kesler-Kane
JVR-Pavelski-Kessel
Pacioretty-Stastny-Wheeler
Brown-Backes-Oshie
Stephan
Callahan

All the options at RW are better than Callahan, and I don't believe he has any experience playing LW.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
During last week's NY Stadium Series listening to Pierre McGuire slobber over Callahan and his impact on Team USA, is he even a lock to crack the opening line-up?

Parise-Kesler-Kane
JVR-Pavelski-Kessel
Pacioretty-Stastny-Wheeler
Brown-Backes-Oshie
Stephan
Callahan

All the options at RW are better than Callahan, and I don't believe he has any experience playing LW.

He has a little experience on the left side, not much. Oshie has some LW experience, too, though.

Would not be surprised if they went with Oshie-Backes-Callahan on Bylsma's precious checking line. Or Brown, yeah.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
not the biggest line at the tournament...

Yeah but
Martin%20St_%20Louis.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad