Olympic goalie masks

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Carey Price:

Bf_ZBSjCMAEUOpL.jpg

Amazing! I wish I could buy it after the tournament.

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
Smith's is great, I think Pavelec and Bobrovsky dropped the ball. Pretty brutal IMO, especially Bobs.

Need to see more of Price's.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Prices is terrible IMO. Looks like a cheapo street hockey mask you would buy at Canadian Tire.

Smith and Hiller masks are two of the best I have ever seen.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
God, Miller could have done so much better. The women's team's mask is 10x better.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I wanted to take out the image from the post in #2 regarding Berra's mask because I too think it wasn't getting enough love.

BemzL5QIQAALF1H.jpg

Both his and Hiller's are so clean, and I like the largely monochromatic color scheme; simple red, white and the gray tones. Swiss duo are both my winners to this point....although Price & Smith's masks are a certain second. As far as the "otter" thing on Smith's mask, I didn't get that...reminded me more of a mythical design you'd see on a ceremonial totem pole, or something to that effect.

Pgust

Nov 19, 2013
Stockholm
I like the idea behind Smith's but it is way too much going on in it.

Seems like the swiss have a thing with old norse (probably not but it looks like it) mythology. If you would wear something like this on your shirt or anything people would think you were a nazi over here :D I'm referring to Hiller and Berra's helmets.

This is still my favorite of them all. Classy, simple and clean.

1619074_10152176989435900_683362522_n.jpg

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
The American masks are all very cheesy. Very jean jacket-and-mullet-in-a-pontiac-sunfire. Maybe that's what they were going for.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
The American masks are all very cheesy. Very jean jacket-and-mullet-in-a-pontiac-sunfire. Maybe that's what they were going for.

How does that describe Quicks mask in any way?

Also Hillers mask is definitely beautiful but I don't like that the predominant color (black) isn't even part of their flag. Assuming they won't have black on their jerseys either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad