OLN to be renamed "VERSUS"

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
I am Jack's Fish said:
Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.

And they started off showing a TON of tractor pulls

Australian Rules Football

And once I even saw Canadian womans college curling at like 2:30 in the morning.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
OLN has really impressed me, of course I didn't see their early coverage being a Dishnetwork subscriber, but so far SO GOOD! Anyone see the Mark Messier thing after the games last night? :handclap:

I NEVER saw that on ESPN.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
They have all kinds of specials like that airing in the 5-7 vicinity. Tomorrow at 6 they are airing the story of Jordin Tootoo becoming the first Inuk to play in the NHL, Friday at 5 is a Classic Detroit-Colorado contest, and next week check out the Tournament, a peewee hockey sitcom that is high-freakin-larious!

RTWAP*

I like the name. A lot.

They could have gone with another xxSN acronym, but they did some thinking and came up with a word that is synonymous with competition. Team vs. team. Player vs. player. Hunter vs. deer. err... scratch that last one.

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
It sounds like a “chick†channel! Yon know. Men are from Mars and women are from Versus. :snide: Sorry, sometimes I just can't help it.

How about some other choices.....
Rivalry
Challengers
Conflict
Clash

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
RalfTheWiseNPowerful said:
I like the name. A lot.

They could have gone with another xxSN acronym, but they did some thinking and came up with a word that is synonymous with competition. Team vs. team. Player vs. player. Hunter vs. deer. err... scratch that last one.
OR

King Kong versus Godzilla
Mothra versus Godzilla
Bambi versus Godzilla
Alien versus Predator
Freddy versus Jason
The People versus Larry Flynt

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
Draftman said:
It sounds like a “chick†channel! Yon know. Men are from Mars and women are from Versus. :snide: Sorry, sometimes I just can't help it.

How about some other choices.....
Rivalry
Challengers
Conflict
Clash

Yeah, like those aren't feminine.

NJDevs430

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
Draftman said:
OR

King Kong versus Godzilla
Mothra versus Godzilla
Bambi versus Godzilla
Alien versus Predator
Freddy versus Jason
The People versus Larry Flynt
...Kramer vs Kramer...
...Joe vs the Volcano...
...Billy the Kid vs Dracula...
<(-:{

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
I'm boycotting Versus until they change back to something respectable.............!

No, I really could care less, OLN is so stupid, Versus isn't that bad, stop whining people, who cares, just watch the freaking games. It's like the people constantly complaining about those cool thrashers 3rd jerseys, give it a rest, its no big deal.

Kenadyan

Jul 23, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Visit site
I am Jack's Fish said:
I don't care if it was called "Steaming Pile of Monkey Dung", if they showed as much hockey as they have been showing, I will still tune in.

Exactly! Who cares what it's called as long as they're showing hockey, hockey, and more hockey!!! :yo:

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Versus is a good name, they actually did fine in searching something generic, but not quite too business sounding like ESPN and most networks.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Will "VERSUS" have the NHL in HD for everygame? It's a shame that the best hockey (which is the best sport to watch in HD) can't be seen in HD..

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
OLN's "Monday Night Hockey" as it's tentatively being called will be in HD, along with select Tuesday games.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
Stevedude530 said:
OLN's "Monday Night Hockey" as it's tentatively being called will be in HD, along with select Tuesday games.
But on INHD?

So Rugby can be on tonight instead of playoff hockey? Versus/OLN want to be taken seriously than they should have every playoff game on in HD.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Son of Steinbrenner said:
But on INHD?

So Rugby can be on tonight instead of playoff hockey? Versus/OLN want to be taken seriously than they should have every playoff game on in HD.

They will once they get the funding for it.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
go kim johnsson 514 said:
They will once they get the funding for it.

But this game is being broadcast in HD tonight but not in America. Why can't OLN broadcast the game in HD on INHD or INHD2 or make a deal with Universal HD? This is the freaking playoffs and hockey is the best sport to watch in HD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad