Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi, Pt. VII | "Not A Tkachuk Thread" Edition | WJC postmortem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
There aren’t many because there aren’t many trades of top players, period. Factor in the narrow definitions that you are asking for and ya, there aren’t a lot that match. I gave you one to counter your point, so don’t claim you’ve “proved” anything.

As for Tkachuk, my belief is the overwhelming majority of forwards don’t peak at 20 or in their second NHL season, so I think it’s reasonable to expect he will have a peak above 60 points. It remains to be seen if Juolevi will “even” become a 3/4 D but I’m willing to give you that assumption. You don’t seem to be willing to do the same for Tkachuk.

If there are not many trades. How do you know a 60 point winger have the same value as a 1/2 defensemen? Is it fair for me to say that it is just your personal opinion since you don't have solid evidence to support that?

So you can think of one trade that you needed to change the criteria from a winger to center to give me example. Sorry you need at least few more examples. A few pages I wrote a bunch of examples of 60 point forward getting number 3/4 D in a trade. Yes it is a Narrow Definitions but the people reply to those trades only disagree with the Larsson trade. Let's just pretend he is number 2 D. Hall is not just a 60 points. He had two ppg season. So that wouldn't count. Also those examples I gave either played 2nd pairing or No more than 3rd in icetime. So it fits description we talked about before

Drouin and Sergachev doesn't count. Because he wasn't in the nhl when the trade was made. Also he is not top pairing defensemen now.

About the Tkachuk. True but you are still using the on pace argument. Player pace change every few games. He hasn't hit 60 points yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad