Proposal: Olli Juolevi for Cale Fleury [MTL & VAN]

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah no argument has been presented that shows any consideration for the Canucks, their motivations, how they value their assets or even the position the team is in. This isn't a well thought out thread, we pass, thanks for considering us though.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

lawrence

May 19, 2012
LOL, Canucks fans on hfboards in regards to Juolevi's trade value vs Canucks fans on hfbaords Canucks sub forum section is totally different. My gosh, that's utterly sad, I'm not sure is it because of Tkachuks, success or the mob like mentality against anything players Benning brought in, glad the ones here (non sub forum Canuck fans) have some actual sense.

Reactions: nowhereman

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
It was a proposal on their board, they seem eager to trade him for a valuable prospect. The problem with Olli is his injuries at the moment
Don't ever take anything you read on HFBoards Canucks seriously. They are so blinded by their hate for Jim Benning that it's actually gotten deeply personal, to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if most of them are actually hoping Juolevi fails.

The funny thing is, you'll probably find more insight and intelligent discussion from non-Canucks fans on Juolevi than you'll find on HFBoards Canucks. Juolevi would cost you a lot more than Cale Fleury.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian Canuck

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Start with Juulsen and add columbus 2nd round pick. Even then the Canucks are in no rush to get rid of him
Understand why the Nucks wouldn't deal Juolevi for Cale Fleury but asking for a better player who's only 1 yr older and than wanting a pick on top is ridiculous. Here's a lesson for you to remember. When trading a lesser player of roughly the same age it's you who are adding to the proposal.

tfu92

Nov 8, 2018
non canucks fans are seriously underrating juolevi now on hfboards. hes not on the makar/hughes stratosphere of prospects, but i still put him just 1 tier below that. everytime hes gone to a new league to familiarize himself, hes done well. did it in Liiga (hype was only second to heiskanen last year), and he was doing it this year in the AHL before getting injured. the idea of this juolevi for cale fleury swap is honestly laughable at best.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
again go read on Olli. He is injured and prone to injuries, most of Vancouver media and fans have given up on him, like we did to Scherbak ( Olli was top 5 though)
The only ones who count when the evaluation of OzJ is made are quite happy with the development of him to this point.
The fans and media's opinions mean nothing to our managements opinion of him.
We have two bluechippers on LD .
Hughes will be #1 and OJ will be number #2 on LD.
Nnever heard of Cal but if he isn't a bluechipprr who will become our future #1 or #2 on RD then we're not interested. Thank you.

Reactions: gianni

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Educate yourself a little please

Wasn't really my point. I know he is Haydn's brother who you drafted late in the 3rd round. What I meant was the Canucks are not giving you a #5 overall draft pick who is still only 20 for him.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Wasn't really my point. I know he is Haydn's brother who you drafted late in the 3rd round. What I meant was the Canucks are not giving you a #5 overall draft pick who is still only 20 for him.

Wasn’t implying you guys should or should not do the trade. You asked who Cale Fleury was.

Draft pedigree doesn’t mean anything. Fleury might end up being the best of the two D later on.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
LOL, Canucks fans on hfboards in regards to Juolevi's trade value vs Canucks fans on hfbaords Canucks sub forum section is totally different. My gosh, that's utterly sad, I'm not sure is it because of Tkachuks, success or the mob like mentality against anything players Benning brought in, glad the ones here (non sub forum Canuck fans) have some actual sense.

Or the Benning Bros make dumb arguments defending the pick and the critics maintain it was a bad pick, but aren’t actually criticizing Juolevi as a person/player (outside of his injuries and defensive gaffes). He just was the wrong pick and delusional fans will do anything to justify Benning’s poor decision making. Good straw man post, though.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

Could it be that a lot of Canucks fans disagree with your perception of Juolevi's value?

You're being divisive. I don't even know which comments you are referring to, both from sub forum VAN posters and from posters outside the sub forum. I do know that your logic to attack a group of posters instead of their rationale speaks volumes. Fans of other teams should take note of this.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Or the Benning Bros make dumb arguments defending the pick and the critics maintain it was a bad pick, but aren’t actually criticizing Juolevi as a person/player (outside of his injuries and defensive gaffes). He just was the wrong pick and delusional fans will do anything to justify Benning’s poor decision making. Good straw man post, though.

Since when is someone that supports juolevi is someone also a Benning bro ?

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Theres some nasty JB haters out there Lawrence.
You tried to reason with them but their blind hate for Jim takes over sometimes and everyone just read that more than one of the average JB haters went for the throat lol
But seriously when ever i see their name on a post I know its just more fluff wrapped around JB hate and roll my eyes at their noncreditable rant .
Scroll on by them helps.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
OJ was just voted the #3 prospect on the Nucks board. Don't know why everyone says Canucks fans are so down on him.

Canucks fans are just unhappy they passed on Tkachuk for him...OJ is still going to be a good NHLer and his play this year and last support that.
Amen.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Theres some nasty JB haters out there Lawrence.
You tried to reason with them but their blind hate for Jim takes over sometimes and everyone just read that more than one of the average JB haters went for the throat lol
But seriously when ever i see their name on a post I know its just more fluff wrapped around JB hate and roll my eyes at their noncreditable rant .
Scroll on by them helps.

It’s not “blind hate” on Benning when it’s based on facts.

Canucks since the beginning 2015/2016:

- Last in points percentage.
- Last in GF/game.
- Second last in GA/game.
- Last in goal differential (-179). Next worse is ~20% better at -147 (Arizona). Fourth worst is at -99.
- Third last in PP% and PK%.
- Second last in xGF% and last in adjusted xGF% at all game states.

*note that these are just statistics and aren’t even inclusive of all of the terrible, indefensible trades Benning has made. Benning is a moron and shouldn’t be running this team.​

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Olli Juolevi's PNHLe is 57pts right now. No point in trading him when he's trending very well.

His NHLe is: 27.83. The AHL has a .47 NHL points conversion.

His projected point totals in the AHL based upon this short sample is 59.22. Is that what you are referring to?

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
It fits into the pro-Benning narrative. For you, I already know you’re a Benning Bro based on your posting history.

While lawrence definitely has the history, no need to resort to this 50. The tact for lawrence has been to admonish all criticism of Juolevi as being completely due to mob mentality. Let him wear that statement.

There's plenty of nuance in the critique of Juolevi's play. It can stand on its own merit.

Since when is someone that supports juolevi is someone also a Benning bro ?

Since when is someone that critiques Juolevi's progression already part of a mob?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
It’s not “blind hate” on Benning when it’s based on facts.

Canucks since the beginning 2015/2016:

- Last in points percentage.
- Last in GF/game.
- Second last in GA/game.
- Last in goal differential (-179). Next worse is ~20% better at -147 (Arizona). Fourth worst is at -99.
- Third last in PP% and PK%.
- Second last in xGF% and last in adjusted xGF% at all game states.

*note that these are just statistics and aren’t even inclusive of all of the terrible, indefensible trades Benning has made. Benning is a moron and shouldn’t be running this team.​

With the core he inherited and the lottery luck he's had, is it really that surprising?

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
His NHLe is: 27.83. The AHL has a .47 NHL points conversion.

His projected point totals in the AHL based upon this short sample is 59.22. Is that what you are referring to?

No, I'm referring to the NHL Rank King pNHLe which takes into account the prospect's age, and the league they play in.

For example, Nikolay Goldobin scoring 31pts in 30 games at age 21 (in the Ahl last season) was rated more favorably than Reid Boucher's 46pts in 45 games at age 23 due to age gap. Just like Elias Pettersson scoring 56pts in 44 games (in the SHL) at age 19 was rated more favorably than Joakim Lindström's 50pts in 46 games at age 34.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad