Proposal: Olli Juolevi for Cale Fleury [MTL & VAN]

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Yeah...Josh Brook is nowhere near as good as Juolevi.

And I’m far from a Juolevi fan.

How good is Juolevi tho? Seems like most of his production so far this year has been inflated.

Cd0rO6c.png

vZ8isr6.png

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
this is a big fat no. this poster got one person to say they would, and as an org we aren't giving up on juolevi. he'll be a nice #3 at worst.

Reactions: CP4

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
i dont even get it.

Of course Van doesnt do this.

So what do you do if someone says yes.....go call Bergevin? put him on your Xbox roster?

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Fleury isn't a bad piece, but if i'm in Vancouvers position, there is no way i trade OJ for him.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
You posted the wrong Fleury. Canucks fans would consider Haydn Fleury as it's a pretty lateral shakeup.
We're pretty content to wait and see what happens with Juolevi, though. I'd rather keep him and see if he can make it and bust, than trade him for a B prospect.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Yup, I wouldn't include nor do Josh for Olli, Fleury, ya sure. Brook is a future #1 RHD with less downside than Juolevi

You've proven over and over in this thread that you have no clue about our fanbase or any of the players on our team, perhaps it's time to stop posting in this thread?

Reactions: eviohh26

Love

Feb 29, 2012
OJ is the perfect example of when to NOT trade a player. He obviously has talent, upside, draft pedigree, etc. Why would you sell low on an asset? Makes no sense.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
OJ is the perfect example of when to NOT trade a player. He obviously has talent, upside, draft pedigree, etc. Why would you sell low on an asset? Makes no sense.

I had a Montreal fan agree to OJ for Lehkonen. Even if OJ's value is depressed right now (and who knows, it might get worse), that's a deal I would do 10/10 times.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Never been a Juolevi fan and loled when the Nucks picked him that early, never saw those high skills in him and his lack of physicality in his 1 on 1 battles always irritated me alot, I would rather keep Fleury and let him Brook and Juulsen develop, then you trade one of them when the value is high... But I understand the logic behind that proposal since it would be much easier if one of them was left handed... Fleury has been a very high rising prospect since drafted while Juolevi not so much to say the least...

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Man some Habs fans have been making some bad trade proposals. Let's put ourselves in the Canucks fans' position. If we had drafted Juolevi 5th overall in 2016 we wouldn't be looking to trade him when his value is at an all-time low. We'd give him time to develop and reach his potential. I know Cale Fleury is a great defensive prospect but looking at it from a Canucks fan's position, they'd be trading their 5th overall pick for a 4th rounder. I would love to trade for Juolevi but it would take a little bit more from us. It's unrealistic though. Both teams should just hang on to their prospects.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The surgery Juolevi had in the summer was major and he had a huge recovery process. It’s no exaggeration to say that he had no offseason at all to improve/get stronger/faster. He had an impressive season last year in Finland, no off season, and now has 13 points in 18 games in the AHL. I have been SO critical of Juolevi since we drafted him but that doesn’t mean he isn’t still a solid prospect with value.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Why though? Vancouver has like 2 signed defenceman for next year and one of them is Alex Biega. He may be lighting the world on fire but he’s at least a lot closer than Fluery is right now.
Stetcher, Tanev and Guddy all signed. All rightys too

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Man some Habs fans have been making some bad trade proposals. Let's put ourselves in the Canucks fans' position. If we had drafted Juolevi 5th overall in 2016 we wouldn't be looking to trade him when his value is at an all-time low. We'd give him time to develop and reach his potential. I know Cale Fleury is a great defensive prospect but looking at it from a Canucks fan's position, they'd be trading their 5th overall pick for a 4th rounder. I would love to trade for Juolevi but it would take a little bit more from us. It's unrealistic though. Both teams should just hang on to their prospects.
Exactly. How many would give up on top 10 prospects so quickly. Why people think the Canucks are just going to trade him away so quickly is beyond me. He went to Finland last year and by the end of the year apparently he was their top D, he started slow in Utica this year but before he got injured it sounded like he was really starting to find his game down there. Not all guys are instant ready for the NHL and I hate seeing guys constantly saying "look at how well Serg is in Tampa and he was drafted after". Its like dude, Canucks D is a tire fire, Sergs mistakes can be covered up by agood supporting cast, Ollie here would get ripped to shreds because our supporting cast is terrible in comparison.

Reactions: Kuola

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad