Speculation: Olli Jokinen Needs To Eat A Burger

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Named alternate captain, getting paid $4.5M/season and has been held off the scoresheet so far through 3 games. Thinking he might need to re-try an old diet...

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Named alternate captain, getting paid $4.5M/season and has been held off the scoresheet so far through 3 games. Thinking he might need to re-try an old diet...

I think its WAY to early for this.

He didn't play during the lockout. He is older, it is going to take him longer to get his conditioning and timing down.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
It's not like he isn't creating offense or shooting on the net...
A lot of times these hot and cold streaks are just luck and sh%.

Game 1:
1 SOG, 1 Missed Shot
total 2

Game 2:
1 SOG, 3 Missed Shots, 1 Blocked Shot
total 5

Game 3:
5 SOG, 1 Missed Shot, 2 Blocked Shots
total 8

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Like the rest of our team he didn't impress me against Ottawa but he has been really solid in the last two games and the points will follow soon because the effort is there. Very complete top 6 player with a high compete level, sound defensive positioning, and the size to play physical.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Not as many Antro haters these days???? :naughty:

he has looked really good no matter where he has been playing in all three games so far........definatley has the UFA year vibe so far which is a very good thing for us.

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

he has looked really good no matter where he has been playing in all three games so far........definatley has the UFA year vibe so far which is a very good thing for us.

I thought he played great last year until he hurt his hand

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

He was noticable enough regarding puck control in the offensive zone that some of the Caps fans were commenting on him positively. When he's on, he's got good hands, and he's REALLY difficult to move off the puck.

Keep it up, Frankenpov / Gigantro!

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
What I said about Jokinen and Antropov in the BDT:

Did someone mention Nikolai Antropov? Did someone mention how unbeatable he looks behind the goal and against the boards? Seriously, he was one of our best players in those three games. He's effective and does what he does. I'm pretty sure most people STILL didn't see him. Most people still thought "What's Antropov doing with Little and Ladd on the 2nd line?" yesterday. And most people still didn't see what Nik Antropov brings on the ice.

Slater, Thorburn and Jokinen did their job and I was pleased. Jokinen has more upside than he showed and the points will come (he already looks like a good fitting piece so it's just a matter of time).

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012
I posted my opinion to deaf ears in another thread. but i think Jokinen's issue has been battling the puck. Passing is a bit off, both making and recieving. And he seems to get stripped of the puck quite a bit.

The effort is there, hes always in a good position, and has been very effective defensively and checking.

I think its just a rust thing, so shouldnt be anything to worry about long term. I think it is fair to say that he has struggled somewhat so far though

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I posted my opinion to deaf ears in another thread. but i think Jokinen's issue has been battling the puck. Passing is a bit off, both making and recieving. And he seems to get stripped of the puck quite a bit.

The effort is there, hes always in a good position, and has been very effective defensively and checking.

I think its just a rust thing, so shouldnt be anything to worry about long term. I think it is fair to say that he has struggled somewhat so far though

Kane set him up with a glorious opportunity from the slot yesterday. He has put a few really nice hard shots on net too. Keep shooting and goals will come. I fully expect him to get a goal soon.

The fact that Wheeler has only put 3 pucks on net (2 SH, 1 MSH) is the most surprising to me.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Anyone see Joki's big ass attack on one on the caps players last night? The caps guy tried to check Jokinen into the boards when they went to get the puck, but joki thrust his rear out backwards and totally knocked the caps player ass over tea kettle

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I think it is a tad early to be passing judgement such as this.

New team, new line mates, no practice time, very limited training camp....

Give it a half dozen more games and lets talk about this some more.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Sorry for helping to steer this thread horribly OT but I mentioned it in the BDT a couple of times last night: Antropov was an absolute beast last night. So big and strong. He just enforces his will all over the ice and I love the way he uses his stick with and without the puck.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
He doesn't just need to eat a burger.

He needs to eat a Blondie's burger.

Blondies+004.jpg

http://curve943.blogspot.ie/2010/06/blondies-burgeralllll-9-pounds-of-it.html

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Sorry for helping to steer this thread horribly OT but I mentioned it in the BDT a couple of times last night: Antropov was an absolute beast last night. So big and strong. He just enforces his will all over the ice and I love the way he uses his stick with and without the puck.

The fact that he is 2nd in shorthanded TOI (overall, not among forwards) is really impressive too.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice

Naturally, UFA at the end of the season, right? :laugh:

AriIQ

Jan 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Look how long it took Kane and Wheeler to produce numbers last year. Just because you dont have a goal doesn't mean you aren't generating offense.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

I think Antro and Hainsey get some raspberries because of their pricey contracts. both are playing very well to ttart the season. Both will be UFA's this summer.

No argument that two big centers (Olli and Antro) in the top 6 seems to have made a big difference on the road. I'd like Antro to get a bit faster ;) but if he plays engaged like he is, that's a big plus for the jets. There were many times last year, he wasn't engaged so a shortened season and contract year might just be what the Dr ordered. So far, so good.

I really like Kane & Wheeler paired together, and keeping Ladd with Little. Little looks good on the wing last couple of days too. Big, smart C's that can make plays or shoot, then fit nicely into the middle with those 4.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

Jet also thinks he's dreamy ;)

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
It's hard to come into a new system and produce immediately.

This is completely normal for FA additions. As far as the burger speculation goes, however, I'm down with it.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
not trying to rag on the guy in my OP, but I just meant if he's playing and being paid to be one of our top guns, it would be nice to see him get the goal monkey and point monkey off his back early in a shortened season. We really need both our top lines firing on all cylinders all season long if we want to make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: