Prospect Info: Olivier Nadeau, RW (97th overall, 2021) - Signed to ELC

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Shuffled off the top line today with Beaudoin taking his place with Bourque and Bourgoult. It's on TSN4 for those who have it.

I've got it on now. I cannot believe that wasn't a cross checking penalty on Cormier lol. As blatant a cross check as you can ever see and directly in front of the ref's eye, after the whistle had blown and retaliation from the slash by Nadeau. That's like 70's/80's style hockey right there. :laugh:

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I've got it on now. I cannot believe that wasn't a cross checking penalty on Cormier lol. As blatant a cross check as you can ever see and directly in front of the ref's eye, after the whistle had blown and retaliation from the slash by Nadeau. That's like 70's/80's style hockey right there. :laugh:

Yeah, the exchange there likely should've been at least 2 if not 2 for both of them. The crew calling the game talking about how it "rarely looks like Nadeau is going 100 miles per hour" is funny... since his footspeed is really the thing that will hold him back.

Edit - and yes, that is old Amerk Francois Guay's son Patrick playing for the Islanders.

Reactions: jmelm

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Nadeau scoring in Nadeau fashion - about an inch from the goalie while being wrestled to the ice by one of the Islander defensemen. That's where he goes, that's where he screens and disrupts and tips pucks. Granted, that was his first goal in 8 games - he does make a lot of plays and create mayhem in front which results in keeping pucks alive for his linemates to finish too.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Nadeau scoring in Nadeau fashion - about an inch from the goalie while being wrestled to the ice by one of the Islander defensemen. That's where he goes, that's where he screens and disrupts and tips pucks. Granted, that was his first goal in 8 games - he does make a lot of plays and create mayhem in front which results in keeping pucks alive for his linemates to finish too.

Maybe it's because he's becoming a regular on ATW, but this description gives me flashbacks of Vanek

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Budgell tries to give Olivier a shave with the toe of his stick in the face. Looks like Nadeau is "okay" and it's only a 2 minute penalty as it was accidental/stick out of control.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Maybe it's because he's becoming a regular on ATW, but this description gives me flashbacks of Vanek

Vanek-lite, sure. One thing some people might like about Nadeau? He has some burgeoning faceoff skills. :biglaugh: Maybe more like a light beer version of Andreychuk (or Micro-chuk? :biglaugh: )

Seriously though, he's got things none of their other prospect scorers bring in his size and willingness to take himself and the puck to the net. He is deft at making plays off the wall, in traffic and around the net.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Vanek-lite, sure. One thing some people might like about Nadeau? He has some burgeoning faceoff skills. :biglaugh: Maybe more like a light beer version of Andreychuk (or Micro-chuk? :biglaugh: )

Seriously though, he's got things none of their other prospect scorers bring in his size and willingness to take himself and the puck to the net. He is deft at making plays off the wall, in traffic and around the net.

Less good Reinhart?

I really like Microchuk as a nickname though.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I guess I picked the wrong period of the Mem Cup to watch.

Nadeau has nice hands and vision, but man those are heavy feet. Ok value for where he was drafted, how many of those get signed. On the other hand, that WIlliam Dufoe guy...

Obligatory "refs suck" as a Cat gets jumped by 3 guys resulting in a Saint John power play.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I guess I picked the wrong period of the Mem Cup to watch.

Nadeau has nice hands and vision, but man those are heavy feet. Ok value for where he was drafted, how many of those get signed. On the other hand, that WIlliam Dufoe guy...

Obligatory "refs suck" as a Cat gets jumped by 3 guys resulting in a Saint John power play.

His feet are slow. That was why he went where he went. The best thing though is that he does things with the puck in traffic that can't be taught and he does them constantly.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
His feet are slow. That was why he went where he went. The best thing though is that he does things with the puck in traffic that can't be taught and he does them constantly.

Yeah, I'm perfectly happy to draft a guy like that in the id rounds and hope he turns into the next Mark Stone.

Reactions: jmelm and Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad