Olesz or Meszaros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
champben2002 said:
Actually, you are saying that Lidstrom would be a worse leader, when he is already one of the best. How many great leaders have also been great fighters? Sakic, Neidermeyer, Gretsky, Lemieux, Yzerman? None of them were great fighters. I mean Meszaros is not the type of player to back down, so the fact that Phaneuf fights only makes him more likely to get injured than Meszaros and basically nothing else.
Sakic fought with Glimour and won his fight :yo: 1 fight = 1 win. 100% result as usually from great captain :yo:

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
ClashCitiRockr said:
Sorry son, but you might want to watch who you call an idiot. I know you're from the British Isles, but with a good 30-40 lotteries across the states, plus whatever Canada may have, with the way you're projecting these certain players to factual turn into this or that, I figured you'd have the guarenteed numbers as well since you're foretelling the future. Without factoring injuries (see Mezei alone from a Florida perspective. Something I called two years ago) or developing a glitche to their games due to bad coaching, plus the addidition of younger talent continuously bein fed in from more and more countries every year, to project a certain five players as goin to be the top five, or even ten, as a factual statement is ludicrous. Its called common sense. Something you may want to research. Something that has made me take facts from the past and correctly speculate on things in regards to the Panthers.

As for who is better in the long run between Meszaros and Olesz, a lot will depend on the team and system they play in. Too often, top players are never considered to be among the elite these days because they'll play for a losing team or they are misused in their system (see Ray Whitney before goin to Florida). Personally I don't see either ever reachin "elite" status to be considered top five for their position with the influx of talent all the time. Meszaros may end up bein more valuable to his team in the end, as I don't see Olesz ever bein the Jagr-esque type player some Florida fans have projected him to be. Kid just has a lot of work to do still to even be top line worthy. Great thirdliner with the ability to look good on the second line, but he has a lot to grow before I believe him to be top line, go to player.

Well, Sidney Crosby was PROJECTED to be the best player from the 2005 draft, but then screw projections/looking into the future because you may be wrong.
Im well aware that injuries/failrure to meet the hype may happen to players. Its hardly ludicrous to project the top 5 Dman in 5 years time, i mean thats basically what happenes every NHL draft ... you project things.
I also fail to see why you and your wonderous "panthers predictions" have anything to do with meszaros and what he will become, nor do i remember anyone ever saying Olesz was going to be on Jagr's level.
Also, if you don't think Meszaros will be a top 5 player ... then aren't you freakin projecting? You've argued my point ... yet came to the same conclusion about Meszaros.

As for Olesz, its fairly clear he has the ability to be much more than a 3rd liner, with time he may be a great 2nd liner/average 1st liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad