Old Time Hockey in C-Bus!

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I'm at the game here at Nationwide... sure, the crowd is hyped but how is this thread worthy?...

Burakovsky95*

Officials let Columbus off really easy because one team can never have more power plays than the other in the NHL.

Carlson is an idiot for that shot on Johansen but Johansen also looked like me playing some Black Ops with that dolphin dive.

CapsCrazyX17

Jun 20, 2003
Washington, DC
I'm at the game here at Nationwide... sure, the crowd is hyped but how is this thread worthy?...

He's alerting other hockey fans that there is an exciting, playoff-like game going on between two division rivals that they might be interested in watching. Is this somehow offensive to you?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Didn't really have a problem with any of it except Prout's four or five crosschecks to the back of Wilson's head. Bush league.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you see guys getting penalties for small **** and then they let Prout repeatedly crosscheck a guy when he's down, then push him over when he gets up. And the ref was staring intently at the whole thing. Not sure why, because "making sure they don't do anything illegal" wasn't the reason.

Burakovsky95*

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you see guys getting penalties for small **** and then they let Prout repeatedly crosscheck a guy when he's down, then push him over when he gets up. And the ref was staring intently at the whole thing. Not sure why, because "making sure they don't do anything illegal" wasn't the reason.

They call that and then the entire rest of the BS doesn't happen. How NHL games get out of control, incompetent officiating.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
They call that and then the entire rest of the BS doesn't happen. How NHL games get out of control, incompetent officiating.

Same could be said about Carlson's shot to Johansen's head. As entertaining as this game has been (win or lose both sets of fans got a great show) the officiating has been awful.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Same could be said about Carlson's shot to Johansen's head. As entertaining as this game has been (win or lose both sets of fans got a great show) the officiating has been awful.

They did call Carlson, though. Right away.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
They did call Carlson, though. Right away.

Yes they did but that could've been more. It was not a good hit. As could Prout's cross checking have been a penalty.

And I have a feeling this is about to degrade into something and I don't feel like arguing tonight so can we just agree to disagree please?

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013

we have threads about the meaning of player's last name and nobody complains so I don't see how a thread that's actually about hockey would be a problem

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Honestly, Prout whooping Wilson wasn't surprising at all. Prout is a remarkably tough dude. At least Wilson going down wasn't as embarrassing as Lucic going down with one punch.
Although the crosschecking he did beforehand was ********.

HOLDITHERE*

You forgot the one between the Caps and Columbus's referees.

Refs 4 - Caps 3

HOLDITHERE*

Actually, when the Caps 4th goal goes in, you can actually see one of the refs sigh. Ha.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Actually, "old time hockey" was an inside joke in Slapshot, because fighting wasn't an integral part of the game until the expansion of 1967, when the terrible expansion teams, requiring a sideshow to get butts in seats, starting icing goon squads.

:teach:

Last edited:

Vabeachblue

Dec 5, 2010
Va
Can't believe the caps won that handicap match against the BJ's and the refs!!! If it was called straight up caps would have easily won

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Can't believe the caps won that handicap match against the BJ's and the refs!!! If it was called straight up caps would have easily won

**** off. seriously? Refs sucked all over tonight. Did you miss the slash on Savard with 2 mins left that sawed his stick in half? Oh you did? Refs did too.

Back and forth game with bad officiating. Get over it.

Burakovsky95*

**** off. seriously? Refs sucked all over tonight. Did you miss the slash on Savard with 2 mins left that sawed his stick in half? Oh you did? Refs did too.

Back and forth game with bad officiating. Get over it.

Did you miss the 4 cross checks on Wilson and the interference that led to the ensuing melee that then led to the game being tied?

What about Ovechkin getting called for a stick check and then getting his hand chopped off in the third?

What about Brouwer getting a roughing penalty for getting punched in the face?

What about the quick whistle Bob got on that weird deflection.

I can keep going but this thread should probably be closed.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
I'm liking the Caps at 5 on 5 right now. Completely stifled the Jackets until they got on the PP.

Not something you can say has been a strong suit for them. Lol Ovie +2 and no points.

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
Only problems were the cross checks to Wilson before the fight and the roughing on brouwer right after the fight, two blown calls. Holds, slashes, minor boards go uncalled all the time.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Both teams got jobbed by the refs, probably evened out in the end.

Hell of a game.

HOLDITHERE*

Only problems were the cross checks to Wilson before the fight and the roughing on brouwer right after the fight, two blown calls. Holds, slashes, minor boards go uncalled all the time.

Oh they were called on Washington. I actually can't stand when people complain endlessly about officiating, but tonight was just an embarrassment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad