Old Time Hockey in C-Bus!

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
To me, it just looks like Wilson was losing his balance.

I don't see Prout's xchecks to the head, but I do see Wilson's crotch shot kick attempt. Prout could have been assessed a minor for roughing, but it wasn't over the top.

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
Oh good its nice to see people still get the idea of old time hockey as fights from Slapshot despite the fact it was talking about the opposite of that

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Oh good its nice to see people still get the idea of old time hockey as fights from Slapshot despite the fact it was talking about the opposite of that

I often wonder about that too. Problem is, old time hockey now adays, isn't the old time hockey referenced in the 70's when slapshot was made. When most fans use that term, they are talking about Domi, Probert, McCarty, Lemieux (Claude), Oliwa, Barnaby, Stevens, they aren't talking about Shore, Blake, Richard, etc.

Last edited:

Captain Mittens*

I'm at the game here at Nationwide... sure, the crowd is hyped but how is this thread worthy?...

In this day and age of fights being broken up by linesmen? The OP could have text alerted every HF user.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
36 seconds in. 4 or 5 crosschecks right to Wilson's back. Thought he got his head at first, but doesn't matter. Prout should have had at least a minor for that. It was a ***** move. Or is that just hockey in your opinion?

To be honest, it wasn't even the cross-checks I had a problem with. That **** happens every game (and I still don't really have an explanation as to why it's legal). The thing that bugs me is when Wilson gets up and tries to skate out of the zone and Prout is allowed to block him and shove him down. All while the ref watches.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
To those saying they didn't see the crosschecks; they happened BEFORE the fight, and they are in the video. The crosschecks are what started the whole mêlée in the first place. Not that it matters anyways.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
36 seconds in. 4 or 5 crosschecks right to Wilson's back. Thought he got his head at first, but doesn't matter. Prout should have had at least a minor for that. It was a ***** move. Or is that just hockey in your opinion?

No, I was just wondering where the crosschecks to the head occurred that you were so up in arms about and proclaiming to be "bush league". I think we can both agree that that was hyperbolic on your part.
I also think you're into the wrong sport if you're offended by this play.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
To those saying they didn't see the crosschecks; they happened BEFORE the fight, and they are in the video. The crosschecks are what started the whole mêlée in the first place. Not that it matters anyways.

Crosschecks, yes. Crosschecks to the head, no.

Happens all the time.

I don't remember Caps fans being this whiny - is this a new thing?

Banana Sandwiches

Jul 18, 2011
The crowd sounded electric after the Prout-Wilson fight. It would be nice if these two teams develop a bit of a rivalry.

Really pulling for Columbus. They're pretty fun to watch and play a good physical game.

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
Crosschecks, yes. Crosschecks to the head, no.

Happens all the time.

I don't remember Caps fans being this whiny - is this a new thing?

The problem isn't the cross checks, its that the ref was watching the two before the first cross check when Wilson was down. Wilson then tries skating past prout before getting knocked over. Ref was blatantly watching the entire scenario escalate and decided not to call any penalties on prout. Roughing, cross checking or interference should of been called.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->