Confirmed with Link: Okposo traded to FLA for Calle Sjalin and conditional 2024 7th

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
He's had one of the stranger career arcs I can remember in Sabres history. Went from a splashy FA signing to a bust to an injury prone vet to somehow the leader of really young team for years. Glad he's gone but will be rooting for him elsewhere.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Yeah, he's 24 and only played parts of the last two season in the AHL. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes back to Sweden after this season. He's smallish (6'1", 180 lbs) and isn't an offensive guy. His contract is up in the summer. He's a contract slot.
Chain, you're more thorough then elite prospects and hockey DB, sometimes. Thanks!

He's had one of the stranger career arcs I can remember in Sabres history. Went from a splashy FA signing to a bust to an injury prone vet to somehow the leader of really young team for years. Glad he's gone but will be rooting for him elsewhere.
he became a bust after the big concussion that almost killed him. he wasn't the same player after that. He did find a way to salvage his career he and be useful, but his cost eclipsed all of that. I will miss KO. These kids are going to be lost with out him and Mitts. It's gonna be tough watching the rest of the season.

edit - weird duplication in quoted post.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Yes, be indignant that they did something nice for their captain.
Get ready for replies that they don't want their GM to be a nice guy and need to get somebody who realizes it's a business.

Even though 2 days ago Casey Mittelstadt was under the impression he'd be talking contract with the Sabres after the deadline.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Yes, be indignant that they did something nice for their captain.

They gave him $2.5 M. It's a business. You take the best deal. Keep the country club going. Florida has $300 K in cap room. Eat half the cap hit, and his trade value would have gone up. Let's see if Buffalo uses any of their cap space at the deadline.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Chain, you're more thorough then elite prospects and hockey DB, sometimes. Thanks!

he became a bust after the big concussion that almost killed him. he wasn't the same player after that. He did find a way to salvage his career he and be useful, but his cost eclipsed all of that. I will miss KO. These kids are going to be lost with out him and Mitts. It's gonna be tough watching the rest of the season.

Ah you're right, I got the order of things wrong. Still a very unique career here haha. But yeah, the leadership core is pretty depleted atm. This season is likely going to keep going off the rails.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: