Post-Game Talk: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Washington Capitals 5:07PM start

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
up 4-0 in the 3rd you don't really care about losing the timeout and you should want to protect the shutout. Trotz has to challenge that first goal

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Nice win.

Does Holtby play tomorrow night considering there are 4 days off until the next game?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Don't like this last 20 one bit, especially with a game tomorrow. Caps making this too damned hard on themselves by just getting lazy and letting up.

Edit: 2 points, so ok. Maybe this will serve as a reminder no to take anything for granted. Cough - Toronto - cough.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Still one of their most complete games of the year. Withstood the Tampa pressure at the end.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Yea cuz that timeout came in handy in the last 5 minutes while they were buzzing all over.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. There wasn't anything to challenge so why bother. We had a penalty in the last 5 minutes only up 2. I think having the timeout was a good thing. Just because we didn't use it doesn't mean we should have challenged somewhere in the game.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Don't get your panties in a bunch. There wasn't anything to challenge so why bother. We had a penalty in the last 5 minutes only up 2. I think having the timeout was a good thing. Just because we didn't use it doesn't mean we should have challenged somewhere in the game.

Right. If they'd thought there was a winnable challenge they likely would've tried it.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Kuz is being interviewed on NHL Tonight right now.

Weekes asked him what the biggest reason for his improvement this season was and Kuz, of course, replied that it's his teammates.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
up 4-0 in the 3rd you don't really care about losing the timeout and you should want to protect the shutout. Trotz has to challenge that first goal

I don't mind. I was fearing a huge letdown game against the Leafs tomorrow night. At least now Trotz has something to lay into them about.

I'll be at the game tomorrow night.

Go Caps!

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I don't mind. I was fearing a huge letdown game against the Leafs tomorrow night. At least now Trotz has something to lay into them about.

I'll be at the game tomorrow night.

Go Caps!

I'd rather go 4-0 this week than 4-0 this game!

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Actually, I say that, but I think it was vastly more important that they send the Lightning a message this game. Which they did convincingly, even with the small hiccup at the end.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
Actually, I say that, but I think it was vastly more important that they send the Lightning a message this game. Which they did convincingly, even with the small hiccup at the end.

I was thinking that earlier in the day. Make a statement that this year's team is different than the one from last season.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It would be nice if the minimalist thread starter posts the odd start times in the title

#missedthegame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad