Post-Game Talk: Okay

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He was the best player on his line last season...

When the pressure is to score and make the line a scoring line, he can't handle that pressure. Unless there's someone better than him to carry the mail. He is what he is.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Would she still be your sister?
SinfulHighChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: nabob and The Oiler

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Um... again, he was the best player on his line last season.

Most of his points were with McDavid on the ice.

Being better than whatever the Oilers had on their 2nd line is not the expectation for RNH.

He can't be the best player on a line and that line actually be good.

Too much pressure on his shoulders, he shrinks.

Not a coincidence the last time the Oilers were also in a good spot for playoffs (16-17 season), same deal with RNH.

Reactions: Messrules11

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Can we stop running players out of town if they aren't perfect? Sure, we'd like a 2C better than RNH. Are we gonna get that on the FA market for RNH's salary? If you aren't confident that the answer is yes then this is pointless.

Reactions: The Oiler and nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Can we stop running players out of town if they aren't perfect? Sure, we'd like a 2C better than RNH. Are we gonna get that on the FA market for RNH's salary? If you aren't confident that the answer is yes then this is pointless.

Some fans just gotta have a whipping boy. Some fans have always had a dislike for Nuge since the day he was drafted and wanted someone else like Dumba

Reactions: ujju2 and The Oiler

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Some fans just gotta have a whipping boy. Some fans have always had a dislike for Nuge since the day he was drafted and wanted someone else like Dumba
And some fans like to coddle their soft little Nugey and pretend that his contributions actually make a difference. What he did last year means squat, what McDavid and Draisaitl did last year also means squat. It’s what have you done for me lately that matters and Nuge hasn’t done squat.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

exhibit A

And some fans like to coddle their soft little Nugey and pretend that his contributions actually make a difference. What he did last year means squat, what McDavid and Draisaitl did last year also means squat. It’s what have you done for me lately that matters and Nuge hasn’t done squat.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
exhibit A
So what has he done? Your quick to point fingers but you bring nothing to the table. Gretzky once said you’re only as good as your last shift, Nuge’s last shift? Coyotes score in OT.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
So what has he done? Your quick to point fingers but you bring nothing to the table. Gretzky once said you’re only as good as your last shift, Nuge’s last shift? Coyotes score in OT.

not pointing fingers, just calling a spade a shovel as IATL would say.

With brilliant logic like yours we should run Nurse, Neal and Koskinen out of town as well they got scored on as well the last time they were on the ice. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: ujju2

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

So criticizing a 2nd line center who has zero even strength goals on.the season is running him out of town?

I'd really like to know why this player in particular seems to be immune from criticism. It's so odd the amount of people that refuse to see any bad in his game or jump on those who dare criticize him.

What's even more odd is that some of those same posters jumped all over Drai early last season for being lazy, pouting away from McDavid etc. when he was struggling.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
not pointing fingers, just calling a spade a shovel as IATL would say.

With brilliant logic like yours we should run Nurse, Neal and Koskinen out of town as well they got scored on as well the last time they were on the ice. :laugh:
I see you needed to edit your post, how weak of you. Again just defer to other players because you can’t make an argument.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm not even a fan of Nuge. The absurdity of your responses is baffling.

Players ARE judged for their last game but also judged by career accomplishments (or failures) as well. You pointed out that the LAST play of Nuge's game was a fail, while true, judging his season off of that is absurd.

Well put. :nod:

Reactions: The Oiler

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I'm not even a fan of Nuge. The absurdity of your responses is baffling.

Players ARE judged for their last game but also judged by career accomplishments (or failures) as well. You pointed out that the LAST play of Nuge's game was a fail, while true, judging his season off of that is absurd.
I’m judging Nuge as a whole. We’re told he’s so good defensively that it costs his offence. Yeah right.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So who in the bottom six has been better than Khaira?.... he’s the only one next to Haas with a goal... and he’s actually gotten chances in his last 3 games. Whenever we lose, all the clowns on here jump on Khaira to rip him apart, even when he has an okay game with no big mistakes, because it’s easy for you and, for some profound reason, makes you feel good about yourself and your “analysis”

Sad and childish. Embarrassing
Chillax with your exaggerated rhetoric, Sweetpea. It's my opinion, and last I looked that was allowed on here. Your response is the only thing that is childish and embarrassing.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I’m judging Nuge as a whole. We’re told he’s so good defensively that it costs his offence. Yeah right.

No you’re not. You’re judging him based off one play, even though your bias suggests otherwise.

even though you literally said previous years mean jack....but you still have this weak ass bias against RNH.

Reading post game threads after a loss is a mind numbing experience. Jesus f***ing Christ.

Reactions: nabob and The Oiler

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I see you needed to edit your post, how weak of you. Again just defer to other players because you can’t make an argument.
I just clarified it because it seemed as if you were having issues comprehending how silly your post was. But I see other posters have also called you out for how dumb the idea of a player only being judged off his last play is.

And once again you’re incapable of posting anything worth reading. Just hate :laugh:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I think if we had three players of Nuge's quality on his line, we would be in a very good state.
That’s asking for bit much considering the Oilers cap situation. RNH needs to be able to get things done while playing with players like Chiasson, Kassian, Neal, Haas, Jurco and Gagner. If he can’t, I don’t really understand how he would be able to ask for any kind of a raise at all.

Also worth noting that when RNH had a clear top six linemate in Eberle, 99% of the fans blamed Eberle every time that line went cold, called him ‘addition by subtraction’ and cheered when he got shipped out of town. I hope those fans can see how wrong they were in that assessment.

For the record I like RNH, but I’ve been saying for years that he a) can’t carry the puck, b) has no offensive creativity, moves, whatever you want to call it, that would allow him to beat a dman one in one and open up space for himself or his linemates to have an odd man situation, and c) needs to get service in the slot to score. Sorry, but those are serious limitations.

Reactions: BlackDogg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
In all fairness, RNH has been a big disappointment this year. He needs to be much better

This is obvious, to most.
He should be set to a higher standard than simply being decent defensively and non-existent offensively. He's better than this which is why so many of us are disappointed in his play this season.

Reactions: frag2 and MessierII

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
...And unfortunately I finally figured out how to change mine. Add me to the shame ****te pile

Lol.

Serious question....who thought up the idea to use a Tkachuk avatar and litter the Oilers board with his rat face?
I mean an idea like that is only smart if it was a Flames fan who came up with it. If thats the case then it was brilliant.

On the other hand if it was an Oilers fan who came up with this then he/she should renounce his Oilers fan membership or at the very least be publically flogged IMO. :nod:

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Lol.

Serious question....who thought up the idea to use a Tkachuk avatar and litter the Oilers board with his rat face?
I mean an idea like that is only smart if it was a Flames fan who came up with it. If thats the case then it was brilliant.

On the other hand if it was an Oilers fan who came up with this then he/she should renounce his Oilers fan membership or at the very least be publically flogged IMO. :nod:

HaHa
Ya - a bit... unusual!

LTIR I think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad