Speculation: Okay, so, lets say Hawks get both MAF & Seth Jones

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Taken from the main board

If true, that would explain why nothing has happened yet. If Stan will only trade for an extended Jones and Jarmo wants the 11th+ as part of the deal... then there's no way to square those two things together.

I just don't see this happening at this point. Might be better to look elsewhere.

Unextended Jones - High risk of walking in free agency. Wouldn't trade much more than 11th overall + B prospect for that. CBJ won't accept that over the summer, so they'll hold out until the trade deadline.

Extended Jones - Higher value to the Blackhawks, but the 11th overall pick is no longer available. This means they would want Reichel + other comparable prospects + 2022 pick (non starter due to lottery chances)
You can have an unofficial agreement on the side. No issue here.

Reactions: Pertti

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
You can have an unofficial agreement on the side. No issue here.

Yeah was thinking would it be all that unrealistic if Bowman just asked them who they want him to pick to trade in a few days? Doesn’t seem too difficult to me logistically to arrange, but not sure if that violates some kind of rule out there.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Would you trade Boqvist + 1st + Murphy if we get Jones and Hamilton?

I like the idea of Boqvist for Jones or 11th + Beaudin/Mitchell..not sure they should get 11th in addition to Boqvist, its either Boqvist as main piece or 11th and a lesser prospect like Beaudin or Mitchell, for me, ideally Seth will only do a sign and trade here to play with his brother and Stan can leverage that to keep the 11th...If Larsson hits the market then moving Murphy to recoup assets and signing Larsson seems like good asset management depending on the ask for both players...if Larsson goes elsewhere then extending Murphy makes sense. Adding Seth and Dougie really does move the needle though, if Mitchell turns into the defenseman everybody thought he could be then they might have the best right side in the league

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
Fleury creates more of a problem than he solves. Brett Connolly must be going out and a second round pick should be in coming.

7 million no, not good.

I'd rather sign a younger goalie for 3.5 million.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I have to say this thread was all over it.. which one of you is Bowman?

Jones & 2021(31OA) & 2021 (6th Rd) for Boqvist 2021 (11OA) & 2022 (1st) & 2021 (44OA), signed Jones 8x9.5/ Traded a prospect for MAF. Nailed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00