Speculation: Okay, so, lets say Hawks get both MAF & Seth Jones

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Looking the potential of the Goaltending and Defense after that... for me at least,
looks really good, really-good. | with current contract players |

Kevin Lankinen & Marc-Andre Fleury as the goalie duo, very strong in my book.
(top 5 in the NHL)

LR : Stillman, Beaudin, Kalynuk (Caleb Jones, Calvin de Haan)
RD : Jones, Boqvist, Murphy (Ian Mitchell)

Looking at that D what's above, in my book, very good. Yes the top 6 does
lack of experienced leader but it does have everything what team needs
for success; size, strength, mobility, passing ability, pp / pk abilities

----

SG Lankinen
BG Fleury

Beaudin(L)-Jones(R) Stillman(L)-Jones(R)
Stillman(L)-Boqvist(R) or Beaudin(L)-Boqvist(R)
Kalynuk(L)-Murphy(R) Kalynuk(L)-Murphy(R)

#7 de Haan (L), #8 Mitchell (R)

The what's missing is, great defensive structure without sacrificing the offensive premise.

The most important thing obviously is the whole 5 player team defending, but the final locks
are defense and especially goaltending.

The key for good 5 on 5 play comes from defense, its help for offense, the transition phase.
From d to n, to o, very important, very important in the PP as well.

As we all have found out that, Hawks sucks in that department, if there's no o zone f-o win
and can't keep the puck in, its been super difficult to get the damn puck back to the offensive zone!

Player like Seth Jones would be ever so important to get, because he is so good in that,
bringing the puck to the offensive zone, 5 on 5 and in PP.

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
Best case: potential playoff team.

And if it isn’t it should at least cost JC his job.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Surely, Stan isn't that dumb.
you-underestimate-my-power

f*** this website

Last edited:

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
If you add Jones. Then, Boqvist is not there anymore. He is not a 3rd line pairing. Jones and Murphy are 1-2 on the right side

Reactions: SuterHaglshev

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If you add Jones. Then, Boqvist is not there anymore. He is not a 3rd line pairing. Jones and Murphy are 1-2 on the right side
If they add Hamilton or Barrie I have no issue with them trading Boqvist. Both guys do what Boqvist projects to.

It looks like they want to take one last crack at it with 19/88 and that's ok and understandable.

They're going to have to overhaul their D to do it. Now that Seabrook is LTIRetired, they have the ability to overhaul their D for one more run where they didn't before.

Reactions: SuterHaglshev

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Getting rid of the defensive black hole that is Adam Boqvist is addition by subtraction

Just saying

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Fleury isn't going to save the Hawks' D problems. I see no point getting him unless it's bargain basement and why would he want to come to the Hawks, anyway----he doesn't have many years left. He should be playing for a contending team that needs a goalie upgrade. It would be nice to get Suter to replace Keith for a few million less and replace Zherdov with Hamilton but limit that to a 3 year contract----not sure I want Dougie around for more than that.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'm one of Boqvist biggest fans here and I wouldn't mind seeing him go if a Jones extension is in the works. I just don't think the kid will ever stay healthy and the concussions continue to pile up.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'm one of Boqvist biggest fans here and I wouldn't mind seeing him go if a Jones extension is in the works. I just don't think the kid will ever stay healthy and the concussions continue to pile up.

He definitely has that injury prone vibe to me where it’s always going to be something. Some guys are just like that.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
I don't see Jones replacing Boqvist, Hamilton yes. Jones is more allround D.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Taken from the main board

You can't deal the 11th AND have seth extended...he can't be extended until 5 days after the draft...

If true, that would explain why nothing has happened yet. If Stan will only trade for an extended Jones and Jarmo wants the 11th+ as part of the deal... then there's no way to square those two things together.

I just don't see this happening at this point. Might be better to look elsewhere.

Unextended Jones - High risk of walking in free agency. Wouldn't trade much more than 11th overall + B prospect for that. CBJ won't accept that over the summer, so they'll hold out until the trade deadline.

Extended Jones - Higher value to the Blackhawks, but the 11th overall pick is no longer available. This means they would want Reichel + other comparable prospects + 2022 pick (non starter due to lottery chances)

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Taken from the main board

If true, that would explain why nothing has happened yet. If Stan will only trade for an extended Jones and Jarmo wants the 11th+ as part of the deal... then there's no way to square those two things together.
Extension can happen 7/28...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad