Post-Game Talk: Okay. #65 | FLYERS 6 at Lightning 7 (0-2 Shootout) | Sat., Mar. 3, 2018

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Just watched highlights and three of tampa goals were from perimeter plus stammers PP bomb from top of the circles could be considered another one.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I get that Tampa had the last change and the 4th line/ crap players on the bottom 6 play in the wrong situations but Mrazek needs to make a save. Especially in the 3rd.
Just should not lose that game. Even in the shootout. Just ridiculous

Mrazek should only be blamed for 2 of the 6 goals against IMHO. The bad rebound goal and the Hedman goal. Had no shot on both of Stamkos' goals and the other 2 were deflected.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
“First”?

Do you mean first since you finished your 10th?
1457110236728-c14.jpg

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
I hope and pray that we never see Andrew "Yield" Macdonald play another minute in this town after this season.

He plays the most cowardly, back-up back-in style of defense I've ever seen.

Doesn't try to prevent a goal, just hopes that the goaltender does his job, the shooter doesn't do his, and the percentages are just high enough for the puck to make its way back to his stick for the inevitable icing to follow.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I feel like someone with Photoshop skills should take a gameflow chart and highlight the parts when Amac was on the ice. That would be peak amac infographic.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
His toe drag into pass to Patrick today was beautiful

He hasn't looked out of place whatsoever and I'll be pissed if he is sent down after Simmonds comes back. But I will say this was the first game that I didn't think he was fantastic. This might have been the fastest and most talented group of players he has ever had to play against and it seemed like it took him a period and half to really get acclimated to the pace.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Last change didn’t have to do with Filppula’s line ending up out there against Stamkos’ a lot. Hakstol chased the matchup on the fly too. Most of the faceoffs with those two lines were in the NZ or DZ anyway.

Basically since Hakstol has been here we’ve essentially deployed a top six & two equal bottom six lines at least as far as ice time goes. But the usage between the bottom six is different. Usually one is very sheltered with young guys he doesn’t really trust while the other isn’t really sheltered & filled with his reliable veterans he likes.

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hope you all enjoyed the Benny free GDT.

After ManLosers last game, one of the worst I've ever seen, and then hearing Hak defend him, I knew I had to take a game off.

Then today, Farmer and Hagg pair decide to give Manning a run for his money, with a two goal lead Hagg lead two rushes and got got twice. This pair was absolutely abysmal today and we are now losing games because of this slop and this Sling Blade **** of a GM still won't step in, its embarrassing.

Farmer and Manning have somehow been given 100% immunity because they are swell, well liked vets, it's pathetic. If this team has even a shred of pride, one of these pieces of **** will be benched tomm and if Hextall wasn't such an arrogant ****, they would be both gone and Sanheim and Oduya finish the year

Without you AND me, I imagine that GDT must have been a lot less rage-y than usual.

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
It was a road game. Cooper had control over the matchups.

Cooper had control but when you have a dzone draw, you know they're coming with Stamkos you don't put out the flip line when they've been abused by the Stamkos line all game. You change your line on the fly, you change your d pairing on the fly to get a better match up.

Your not getting the perfect match up every shift but a good coach will get those match ups more often than not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad