Post-Game Talk: Okay. #65 | FLYERS 6 at Lightning 7 (0-2 Shootout) | Sat., Mar. 3, 2018

Brayden Fattison

Mar 4, 2013
I’m taping the repeat airing. I’m ****ing sick in the head. And I want to see what all the pages and pages of discussion are about. If this was a Hakstok 2-1 special I’d maybe pass. But goals.
I won't ruin it for you, but:
Manning: My performance vs. CAR was the worst showing by a Flyers' defenseman this year.
AMac: Hold my beer, and wtf is this 'defense' word that people keep using.

Consider yourself warned.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I honestly couldn’t care less about the shooter selections when marjority of the team just sucks at it regardless. Even guys you’d think would be good at it or were good at it in the past just suck.

The only thing that makes me laugh in regards to it is the constant complaining about Voracek being used when he doesn’t get a goal.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I'm not sure what I am more disappointed with in this one... It's either the AMac/Hagg disaster or Hak for letting Cooper get his way by putting this pair against the most dangerous twosome in the world.

Mrazek didn't thrill me either.

This was a fun game for the neutral observer, but I found little joy in this even knowing about the 12 goals beforehand.

How do you lose a game where both Hagg and Lehtera score complimentary goals? :shakehead

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
A single nongoalie player should korbhsge the power to lose a game like this one. Enough is enough. I like a lot of things, doesn’t mean they are good for me and I should take part just because I like them. Put down the donut hakstol and walk away.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I'm not sure what I am more disappointed with in this one... It's either the AMac/Hagg disaster or Hak for letting Cooper get his way by putting this pair against the most dangerous twosome in the world.

This was a fun game for the neutral observer, but I found little joy in this even knowing about the 12 goals beforehand.

How do you lose a game where both Hagg and Lehtera score complimentary goals? :shakehead

Hak didnt lose..

he got the single point. its literaly his entire gameplan

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Playing TB even through overtime is something to feel good about.
But of course, the nattering nabobs of negativity will obsess about players likely to be gone after this summer.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

It was a team wide fail. Coaches, players. Minus the top 6 and the top pair.
No one can make a play or a save. Ok Mrazek can only be blamed for 2 of the 6. But still the game was there for the taking when they restored the 2 goal lead. Someone make a play other than the usual suspects for God sakes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They played the best team in the league, on the road, and almost stole the game, except V woke up and made some great saves with the game on the line.

People have just realized that we lack depth?

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
It tells us about this roster and the growing confidence that they believe they can go head to head with Tampa and play that kind of high scoring affair type of game.
In terms of tactics and strategy this was ugly.

SalaciousCrumb

Dec 31, 2013
NYC
First chance I had to watch Mrazek the whole game. Apologies if this was mentioned / discussed but his lateral movement looks really bad.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Last change didn’t have to do with Filppula’s line ending up out there against Stamkos’ a lot. Hakstol chased the matchup on the fly too. Most of the faceoffs with those two lines were in the NZ or DZ anyway.

Basically since Hakstol has been here we’ve essentially deployed a top six & two equal bottom six lines at least as far as ice time goes. But the usage between the bottom six is different. Usually one is very sheltered with young guys he doesn’t really trust while the other isn’t really sheltered & filled with his reliable veterans he likes.

That makes sense. Basically the role of the bottom six is to eat minutes and rest the top six, so the veterans (check their GA/60) are better bets usually to NOT allow goals, since neither line can score to save their lives. It's a "least of all evils" strategy.

The reason for the bad matchup at the end of the game, down one goal the first and second lines had played to get the tie, now their legs were dead, again, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Look at the minutes of players for this game and Hakstol's dilemma is obvious, he doesn't have good options once he gets past the first two lines and the first D pairing. And that's Hextall's fault. And I don't care, because Hextall made a deliberate decision going into this season, and at the trade deadline, to neither trade assets for depth or rush prospects. And he traded a top six forward over the summer for draft picks. And while it hurts this year, it'll strengthen the team the next five to ten years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad