GDT: Oils @ Avs 12/11 7:00 PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
I Double Dare You 11122018125737.jpg

^the O is a zero so technically I didn't say it.

Last edited:
Reactions: North and McDrai

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
My favorite mentality on HF at the moment;

Oilers play garbage defense which results in high intensity action both ways = The Oiler's defense is a joke, they suck!

Oilers play great defensively which results in low scoring chances for opponents = The Oiler's are boring garbage, they suck!

I know which one I cheer for.

I like the Hitch Effect. Feel more comfortable with a 1 goal lead now. Klefbom, Larsson, Benning, Russell, and Gravel all have excelled under Hitch. Hope Nurse steps up

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Oilers win 1-0.

we continue to be deemed the worst and most boring hockey team on the main boards.

Does anyone actually think that?

They won last game 1-0, but went 0/5 on the PP and had 30 shots on goal. They seem to have a more efficient break out and be able to create high scoring % plays than they did under koala.

Not letting your opponent score 3 goals every game doesn't directly equate to playing a more boring style.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

space321

May 11, 2011
My favorite mentality on HF at the moment;

Oilers play garbage defense which results in high intensity action both ways = The Oiler's defense is a joke, they suck!

Oilers play great defensively which results in low scoring chances for opponents = The Oiler's are boring garbage, they suck!

I know which one I cheer for.

That's great, but it is a bit hypocritical when people unironically bashed NJ/MIN for playing that style of hockey.

Konami McDavid

May 1, 2015
Edmonton
That's great, but it is a bit hypocritical when people unironically bashed NJ/MIN for playing that style of hockey.

I don't believe anyone accused those teams of having the worst defense in the league though. The situation is slightly different because the Oil both "have the worst defense in the NHL" and at the same time "are the most boring team" because they shut down opponents offense. These views are of course not held by everyone, but are held by many.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
We are not even close to playing a trap or lock D like Minny or the Devils. Not even in the same universe.
We kinda do. And we kinda are.

We layer the neutral zone forcing their puck carrier to the boards with zero passing options but to dump.

It might not be the traditional neutral zone trap, but it forces their breakout to the boards with an aggressive forecheck, and limiting the passing lanes with layers of active sticks, and big bodies, and forcing dump ins.

Jonny Hobbit couldn't even get past our red line without dumping it in.

Reactions: stratedge

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I don't believe anyone accused those teams of having the worst defense in the league though. The situation is slightly different because the Oil both "have the worst defense in the NHL" and at the same time "are the most boring team" because they shut down opponents offense. These views are of course not held by everyone, but are held by many.

Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad