GDT: Oils @ Avs 12/11 7:00 PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
Drai down to second, move RNH up? We need to give Drai a bit of a rest.

Did I also see Lucic in the top 6? Please say it isn't so.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers definitely had their moments in that period, but were generally outplayed.

Not good, not bad. They need to pick it up on the second. You spot the top line that many chances they are going to bury 3 or 4 by the end of the game.
Disagree... It was as even as it gets minus the finish...
Oilers have no finishers.. AVS do but they are getting Koskinen.
Offensive zone pressure vise it was even.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I think Hitch should leave Drai at around 19-20 minutes a game.

He looks tired playing a lot of minutes whereas Nuge and Mcdavid don't really seem to be affected too much.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Lucic moved back into the top 6 in the first? Or did something happen to Khaira?
Khaira got promoted to the identity line that is going against COL too line. Scored a goal while being there.
I don't expect Pulju or Lucic to get more ice time than Khaira tonight

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Like how last seasonit took some posters half the year to admit Nurse was plying really well.

Mention one good play by Nurse, which did create the entire scoring chance, and they can’t handle it.

I like how you use the plural "they" here, when in fact it was only me who said something and I only objected to it being referred to as a "high IQ" play. It was a good play but lets not exaggerate it.

I also find your comment "haters gonna hate" very ironic, seeing as you are the exact opposite and defends your favorites against any and all criticism, whether it's warranted or not. So "stans gonna stan", I guess?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Khaira got promoted to the identity line that is going against COL too line. Scored a goal while being there.
I don't expect Pulju or Lucic to get more ice time than Khaira tonight

Lucic too slow for that line to go against the Avs top line.

Reactions: 780il

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Avs clearly outplayed them. Koskinen in god mode tonight.

Yeah agreed - they definitely had their moments, but I would say that Avs got the better end of the chances that period. Hopefully Oilers come out flying in the 2nd.

Also, I'm beginning to think these heavy minutes are catching up to Drai. He looks tired out there. Maybe he needs a break.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
He's trying to get into McDavid's slipstream so he doesn't have to skate as hard.

Probably knows he's going to play ~25 minutes again tonight, so pacing himself.

Drai 4 mins in breaksup a play in own end being last man back, feeds McD on a break, nearly scores.

Then Drai draws the Oilers PP on another strip in offensive zone.

Drai/McD great on PP.

Drai kills pk.

They then hem in the AV's for almost 2 mins the end of which DRai can hardly suck air because of how long they're out there.

I come here and its more Drai sucking, drai Tired.

Anybody here would be tired..

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
And McDavid line is completely outplaying AVS...
Brodziak line is doing great as well.
Koskinen is doing great but it's been very even

Brodziak scored a goal but that line is getting skated into the ground by the Avs top line, not their fault really. Outside of McDavid and the one shift by the RNH line, the Avs controlled the pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad