Post-Game Talk: Oilgasms Galore! • 16-7-3 • 1st in the West

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Arizona has the incredible ability to turn a 3 on 3 OT into a snorefest.

What a pathetic rodeo last night. Tochett blathers on about how he wants people to respect Arizona as a good team now. They may have a good record, but their clutch and grab style and clutter up the neutral zone instills a sense of a team just hanging on for a win. I cannot stand them or their style.

And specifically, how ironic that the very guy that grabbed hold of McDavid's leg after a clean hit and wouldn't let go, all the while the ref is standing right there gawking at it, is the one to go down and score the goal immediately after. Should have been in the box for 2. I'm not normally one to whine about the reffing, but the last 2 games have been beyond pathetic and shameful.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You can thank Chia for that.

He rebuilt the defence and the goaltending from nothing.
Chia can go suck a big one. He turned the last 3 out of 4 years into a barren desolate wasteland and little hope with his mad scientist thinking. Put us up against the cap when he left. Holland has done more in his 6 months than Chia managed to destroy in 4 years.

Vader611

Nov 8, 2019
One of the few things he did right actually during his tenure. His trades were what sunk him but the drafting during his go wasn't too bad.

The only good thing he ever did for us was bring our drafting from the worst to nhl average, which is really K.Gretz but he brought him in. Aside from that he gets a big fat F on everything else

Reactions: TB12
Oct 15, 2008
Chia can go suck a big one. He turned the last 3 out of 4 years into a barren desolate wasteland and little hope with his mad scientist thinking. Put us up against the cap when he left. Holland has done more in his 6 months than Chia managed to destroy in 4 years.
The defence is his, as is Koskinen. And he made it from sweet f all. There were no prospects, no nhl caliber dman other than Klefbom. You can thank him for all the prospect depth on D as well as Ethan Bear, Caleb Jones.. you get the picture...

Oct 15, 2008
One of the few things he did right actually during his tenure. His trades were what sunk him but the drafting during his go wasn't too bad.
His trades were horrific, but he rebuilt the blue line and it was a f***ing disgrace. Some short memories around here apparently..

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
His trades were horrific, but he rebuilt the blue line and it was a ****ing disgrace. Some short memories around here apparently..
He already had Nurse and Klefbom in the bag. Benning and Russell sure as hell arent hard to replace. I’ll give his scouts huge props for Bear and Jones given where they were taken. No way in hell I give him any credit for Adam Larsson given the cost to acquire. Chiarelli was a giant POS. Full stop. Revisionists are pointing to Koskinens contract, given his strong play so far this year but are completely ignoring how Koskinen could have and should have been signed for far less. Nobody else on Gods green Earth would’ve offered him that deal.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
The defence is his, as is Koskinen. And he made it from sweet f all. There were no prospects, no nhl caliber dman other than Klefbom. You can thank him for all the prospect depth on D as well as Ethan Bear, Caleb Jones.. you get the picture...
Nurse who? Never heard of him.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
How do you see Patrick Russell on this team? It seems he gets more and more ice time and I would assume he is on the third line now? He looks a bit heavy on his skates, but I must admit I dont know much about him, just that he is Danish and has fought his way to a contract without being drafted.

North

Jun 25, 2009
How do you see Patrick Russell on this team? It seems he gets more and more ice time and I would assume he is on the third line now? He looks a bit heavy on his skates, but I must admit I dont know much about him, just that he is Danish and has fought his way to a contract without being drafted.

He does a lot of little things right.

I think he’s been fine in the bottom 6.

A goal here or there wouldn’t hurt though.

Reactions: Oilhawks

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not doing much in NhL but he is being missed big time in AHL.
He is that fringe player too good for AHL but maybe not a NHL regular

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Yup. Well stated. f*** Chiarelli and his accidental ‘good works’. Hilarious to see that poster giving Chiarelli credit for bringing in a goaltender he spent all last season ridiculing.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Not doing much in NhL but he is being missed big time in AHL.
He is that fringe player too good for AHL but maybe not a NHL regular

Thats what they said about Jannik Hansen in the beginning as well :)

But thx for you feedback

Vader611

Nov 8, 2019

Good 4th line/pk type player, starting to show more signs of offense lately, never sure it will get to a 3rd liner level but never know

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

How is the D his, if you're going to use that logic, Klefbom is Tambellini's pick and Nurse is Mac T's.

If anything this season has shown how useless Chiarelli's big defensive add in Adam Larsson was. Team was just fine without him.

Scouting staff gets credit for Ethan Bear, but that's about it.

Chiarelli's signature moves on this franchise were betting the farm on Lucic, Larsson, and Reinhart ... we don't have to be thankful for anything, we are just now getting back to where we should have been 2 years ago. Those trades screwed us hardcore for the last two years and just now are we beginning to recover.

Last edited:

Vader611

Nov 8, 2019
Also, for as mediocre as Todd was, he was far better than what we're hearing now about Babcock, who it doesn't seem like we were interested in at the time. So there's that.

Funny enough everyone hated the thought of hiring Tippet at the time :p I was on board for Nelson or Mclellan

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We're owed an Ethan Bear anyway. It's about time for one of our damn picks in the 3rd/4th/5th round etc. worked out.

Eventually one of those picks was going to hit pay dirt.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Funny enough everyone hated the thought of hiring Tippet at the time :p I was on board for Nelson or Mclellan
I was firmly in the Nelson camp too, tbh I'm pleasantly surprised with tippet's results. The win loss record is quite impressive but the actual team play is exactly what I thought Nelly could achieve and what a pro team should bring on a nightly (or in our work in progress state) semi nightly basis. . Hats off to tips for gettin er done. Whatever voodoo holland used to swing the lurch trade and get calgary to sign toby n talbot . Man I'd hate to be on the receiving end o that spell...

Reactions: Vader611

Vader611

Nov 8, 2019
We're owed an Ethan Bear anyway. It's about time for one of our damn picks in the 3rd/4th/5th round etc. worked out.

Eventually one of those picks was going to hit pay dirt.

A gift from the hockey gods for having to give up picks for Chia and Mclellan and shortly after fire both

Oct 15, 2008
How is the D his, if you're going to use that logic, Klefbom is Tambellini's pick and Nurse is Mac T's.

If anything this season has shown how useless Chiarelli's big defensive add in Adam Larsson was. Team was just fine without him.

Scouting staff gets credit for Ethan Bear, but that's about it.

Chiarelli's signature moves on this franchise were betting the farm on Lucic, Larsson, and Reinhart ... we don't have to be thankful for anything, we are just now getting back to where we should have been 2 years ago. Those trades screwed us hardcore for the last two years and just now are we beginning to recover.
Go ahead and name all our defensive prospects Pre Chia. It’s ok...Ill wait...

He has rebuilt the prospect depth of this organization. We actually have depth now. Something we never had with the warty cocks who ran this team preceding Chia. I’m not claiming he was the greatest or even a good gm but he deserves credit for turning around the team’s defence and goaltending. Unless you would like to harken back to the days of Nikitin, Alex Plante, and Ben Scrivens...

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Go ahead and name all our defensive prospects Pre Chia. It’s ok...Ill wait...

He has rebuilt the prospect depth of this organization. We actually have depth now. Something we never had with the warty cocks who ran this team preceding Chia. I’m not claiming he was the greatest or even a good gm but he deserves credit for turning around the team’s defence and goaltending. Unless you would like to harken back to the days of Nikitin, Alex Plante, and Ben Scrivens...

Uh ... Oscar Klefbom and Darnell Nurse? Our two best D this year.

Really how much input did he even have on that Ethan Bear pick, the 1st/2nd round picks are the ones the GM has the most sway on, after that it's largely on the scouts because no chance a GM is going to have time to watch players in the 4th/5th round type of pick.

Chia's "additions" to our D are really Larsson, Benning, Reinhart, and Manning.

His forward additions are Lucic, Eberle to Strome to Spooner (turned into Gagner), Kassian.

Chiasson was given a try out at the insistence of Glen Gulutzan who coached him in Calgary.

The reason we have Bouchard and Broberg in our pool is because of his management failures, a team with Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl on it should be a playoff team at minimum.

Reactions: Vader611

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad