Post-Game Talk: Oilers won!

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
McLellan keeping the line combos from the third?

Is he learning?

It appears he just might be...I'm sure these were posted somewhere else but here they are again anyways.

BLOG: Practice updates 10/17

Nugent-Hopkins - McDavid - Rattie
Rieder - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Lucic - Strome - Yamamoto
Khaira - Brodziak - Kassian*
Defence:

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Garrison - Benning/Bouchard

*Kassian drawing because Caggiula was hurting today, or so I'm guessing.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
There's not much to suggest that. If the lines don't work, then it's likely they will change them, as teams are want to do when lines aren't working.
There's lots to suggest that. How many times this season and last season, has TMac run a certain line or pairing one game, that line has success, and then switched it up the very next game? I seem to recall it happening a lot. It's his blended special.

Reactions: PulYou

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Well it one thing to be pulled out, it's another to just not skate, usually the extra forward would do that.

Eitherway, I hope Chiasson gets in his game.

Yeah he got injured. I saw the original tweet only where Caggiula was listed as extra and assumed he was pulled.

In that case, this is the most ideal line up I have seen Mclellan deploy since 16/17. Really excited to see how this team does with the new line combos.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
There's lots to suggest that. How many times this season and last season, has TMac run a certain line or pairing one game, that line has success, and then switched it up the very next game? I seem to recall it happening a lot. It's his blended special.
:facepalm:

The player talked with him at the start of the season and asked to have him change the lines less, fair comment. He did that for the first 3 games, game 4 he changed the line up (very mildly, basically swapped centers) and found success. There's very little to suggest he's going to go back to the lines that weren't finding success right away, because of the nonsense things many like to blame on McLellan, that's right up there.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Nugent-Hopkins - McDavid - Rattie
Rieder - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Lucic - Strome - Yamamoto
1ekOqFu.gif

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I hate this kind of talk, but somewhat interesting.

The delay before he put his arm up tells you all you need to know IMO. Very calculated decision to make a total garbage call. His initial instinct as an NHL ref said nope, not a penalty. Then he fought that off in his head.

Oh well though, the partial line change after the penalty expired lead the the tying goal :)

Last edited:

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
There's very little to suggest he's going to go back to the lines that weren't finding success right away, because of the nonsense things many like to blame on McLellan, that's right up there.
Seriously? That was THE storyline all last season. TMac kept using lines and pairings that were just not getting it done. Don’t even get me started on the PP that seemingly hasn’t changed either.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
When everybody in Hockey that follows the Oilers, knew this was the right line combination, for months.
He finally does it when he figures his job is on the line...

I like McLellan as a person, but his coaching sense leaves a lot to be desired...

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Did Nuge have 4 points last night? After the game they had the Nurse goal as unassisted, but now I see on The Score app it has the goal assisted by RNH.

Edit: I see on NHL.com they have him at 6 points in 4 games. They must have credited him on the OT goal. Right on.

Reactions: RegDunlop and ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Did Nuge have 4 points last night? After the game they had the Nurse goal as unassisted, but now I see on The Score app it has the goal assisted by RNH.

Edit: I see on NHL.com they have him at 6 points in 4 games. They must have credited him on the OT goal. Right on.

Yeah I ws confused about that. Good to see they added it on.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
They have to be shopping Zack at this point, right?
I hope not. I know everyone is down on him but I think he can play his way back to being a valued player. His speed and size never go away. I suspect if the Oilers pk gets sorted out, you’d see the aggressive play come back as well.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Yeah I ws confused about that. Good to see they added it on.

I watched the goal again and it's pretty clear RNH redirected the puck to Nurse.

On a side note, that toe drag by Nurse gets more filthy everytime I watch it.

Reactions: PulYou

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I watched the goal again and it's pretty clear RNH redirected the puck to Nurse.

On a side note, that toe drag by Nurse gets more filthy everytime I watch it.

Yeah, I meant I was confused about why Nuge was only credited with 3 assists. I wasn't sure which one they missed, or if I was just going crazy.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
He said he intended to shoot it, sadly. Rattie deserves all the props for pouncing on it and roofing it in a split second.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hahaha, they're hating on Ehlers and Laine. If they'd like, we'll take either of them for free.
\Its this kind of thing that appears stupid to me. How could you bitch ass about top players. I never really get that. Same way you'll never hear me complain about the players on a team that are the go to guys and difference makers. if they have off games so what, you know that they will have good games.

As fans theres enough to get aggravated about with any team than to go at the top players. But back in the day people were bitching at Gretzky, Coffey, Fuhr, Mess, actually a lot. Its never made sense to me.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
\Its this kind of thing that appears stupid to me. How could you ***** ass about top players. I never really get that. Same way you'll never hear me complain about the players on a team that are the go to guys and difference makers. if they have off games so what, you know that they will have good games.

As fans theres enough to get aggravated about with any team than to go at the top players. But back in the day people were *****ing at Gretzky, Coffey, Fuhr, Mess, actually a lot. Its never made sense to me.

Gretzky would get 2pts a year in the NHL of 2 years ago. Coffey is a worse Marc-Andre Bergeron, Fuhr should be banned for life and Mess is worse than Wilson.

Not sure why they wouldn't get shade thrown at them? Garbage players.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Gretzky would get 2pts a year in the NHL of 2 years ago. Coffey is a worse Marc-Andre Bergeron, Fuhr should be banned for life and Mess is worse than Wilson.

Not sure why they wouldn't get shade thrown at them? Garbage players.

Ah.....
So it was you at the front of the line waiting this morning

Reactions: Canada Drai

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad