Post-Game Talk: Oilers won!

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think he Cagguila got hurt when he got thrown to the ice. I think it drew a holding penalty, and I'm not sure he played another shift after that. I don't think there was any other reason to move Reider ahead of him last night, Cagguila was playing pretty well.

Glad that Reider is getting a shot with Draisaitl though. I think that line could work.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If Lucic continues to be on the PP, he has NO RIGHT to pout about being on a third line. He was on the third line in Boston for a significant portion of his career. Your paycheck doesn't (shouldn't) dictate your spot.

Thankfully he's been physical to start the year. I'm fine if he's just an above average 3rd liner who can hit and score from time to time. Let Draisaitl and Puljujarvi take on the offensive responsibilities 5x5. If he can be a 15G - 25A player who bring a physical dimension, works for me.

I saw no pouting last night.

Reactions: Maverick41 and LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I hate this kind of talk, but somewhat interesting.

He made a bad call. I'd leave it at that.

Refs have a tough job, directions from league ("game management") and always in the crossfire when something goes wrong. I mean they chose this profession and it comes with the territory but still. A couple of soccer refs quit just a few years ago after several death threats against them and their families. I'd hate to see that happen in hockey but I am afraid the lens under which they work today and they effectiveness of online mobs it is inevitable.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018

Refs have a tough job, directions from league ("game management") and always in the crossfire when something goes wrong. I mean they chose this profession and it comes with the territory but still. A couple of soccer refs quit just a few years ago after several death threats against them and their families. I'd hate to see that happen in hockey but I am afraid the lens under which they work today and they effectiveness of online mobs it is inevitable.
I agree. And I hate the "Refs against us" talk, just found it somewhat interesting.

Reactions: LaGu

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Lucic has actually been good to start the year. Looks great ATM and fits MUCH better with Strome than Drai. Could it be Todd? Can we have more than 1 capable line... errrummmm player?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

That was more than a bad call, lucic glides from the blue line and gets a charging penalty?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
That was more than a bad call, lucic glides from the blue line and gets a charging penalty?
How do you mean?
It was obviously a bad call.

I have no interest in going into theories about if the ref had it in for Lucic/McD/Oilers. For various reasons as I said in my post I think that it is better not to go after refs too hard in these cases. It's a bad call and everyone knows it, that is good enough imho.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
50 in 50. I still think it's going to happen.

I looked around (seriously) to make a bet on that but couldn't find a taker, i.e. amongst online betting sites.
Hey, you can bet on him to win the Rocket. Pretty decent odds, that's why I did it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad