Post-Game Talk: Oilers won!

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
My take

The adjectives are running out to describe McD. We all saw that performance.
I can only add this; I was explaining his first goal to someone who missed it. I said after he had a step on D, he cut in from the left onto HBK. The fact that HBK knew what he was about to do (I think!) made no difference as he went to backhand and elevated so fast. Loved it.

Not getting into Drai debate. I know what I feel. But he looked better and better and I know his history so I'm excited.

I just caught uo reading the whole thread. Some great observations and of course humour.
One thing I didn't see was any love for Russell. Not my fav D, but thought he has been solid. Actually I usually think that. He gets a lot of hate.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

As I type this f ing Flames tearing Bruins apart. Jeezz

Reactions: dustrock and PulYou

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
My take

I can only add this; I was explaining his first goal to someone who missed it. I said after he had a step on D, he cut in from the left onto HBK. The fact that HBK knew what he was about to do (I think!) made no difference as he went to backhand and elevated so fast. Loved it.

Not getting into Drai debate. I know what I feel. But he looked better and better and I know his history so I'm excited.

I just caught uo reading the whole thread. Some great observations and of course humour.
One thing I didn't see was any love for Russell. Not my fav D, but thought he has been solid. Actually I usually think that. He gets a lot of hate.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

I just arrived from NS for a week here to see Rogers Place. I’m going to all the games on this home stand.
I actually think Russsell has played decent. He is small but he is a guy who will sacrifice his body for the team.
I think we beat the Bruins. Nuge hit 2 posts against Bruins

Reactions: Kolja and dustrock

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
They have to be shopping Zack at this point, right?
Honestly I think he'll be on waivers before Christmas at this rate. Teams aren't lining up to take overpaid 4th liners who have forgotten to play with the edge that got them to be an NHLer in the first place.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I just arrived from NS for a week here to see Rogers Place. I’m going to all the games on this home stand.
I actually think Russsell has played decent. He is small but he is a guy who will sacrifice his body for the team.

That is excellent! Hope you have a great visit and be a good lick charm @ Rogers!!

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
My take

Can't wait for tomorrow.

I agree, except on Russell. He has seemed slow defensively and poor with offensive breakouts.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008

Hope you have a fantastic time! Flames not doing the Oilers any favours tonight but I think they have a chance tomorrow

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Hope you have a fantastic time! Flames not doing the Oilers any favours tonight but I think they have a chance tomorrow

I’m calling a win. I don’t think people realize how hard the time zone difference is on people. It takes days to adjust. I got here in Edmonton yesterday and I was tired as a hibernating bear. Fell asleep last night at 9 pm and up at 430. I’m still on Atlantic Time

Reactions: RegDunlop

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Idk, if it was a successful fake, I'd lie so it worked again.

^_^

Agreed... I've seen him manoeuvre the puck like a wizard with the puck on his stick like crazy glue through all those skills drills around and through piles of pucks and the like... and now to suggest it just slides off and out from under his stick... right to Rattie... as some fudged accident.

I don't buy it. :)

Excellent fake by McDavid... and as I said earlier in the thread... he wouldn't admit to it, because he mind f***ed the opposition... you keep that in your magician's bag of tricks and don't reveal the secrets. :)

Great shot by Rattie as well though... full credit to him for sniping and roofing it on the goalie that went down on the McDavid fake.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I hope not. I know everyone is down on him but I think he can play his way back to being a valued player. His speed and size never go away. I suspect if the Oilers pk gets sorted out, you’d see the aggressive play come back as well.

Starting the year as a healthy scratch doesn't bode well for the future of a guy who was supposed to be looking for redemption.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Agreed... I've seen him manoeuvre the puck like a wizard with the puck on his stick like crazy glue through all those skills drills around and through piles of pucks and the like... and now to suggest it just slides off and out from under his stick... right to Rattie... as some fudged accident.

I don't buy it. :)

Excellent fake by McDavid... and as I said earlier in the thread... he wouldn't admit to it, because he mind ****ed the opposition... you keep that in your magician's bag of tricks and don't reveal the secrets. :)

Great shot by Rattie as well though... full credit to him for sniping and roofing it on the goalie that went down on the McDavid fake.

The thing that gets me about it is his body language after the fact...

No way McDavid misses the puck entirely on a snapshot like that and isn't instantly trying to visually and physically hunt the puck. No way. I don't believe that one bit.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The thing that gets me about it is his body language after the fact...

No way McDavid misses the puck entirely on a snapshot like that and isn't instantly trying to visually and physically hunt the puck. No way. I don't believe that one bit.

Plus he's modest to a fault... not once have I ever heard him talk up his own plays... he's always going to defer and divert to his teammates and give them credit over himself.

It's not in his makeup to talk about plays like... "Ya I made that crafty slick pass and thankfully, finally my teammate was able to finish."

It was indeed a pass... just like this one was a pass as well ...(except obviously on the Rattie goal, it was more deceptive).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad