Post-Game Talk: Oilers Win Game 1! Broken sticks and lucky deflections be damned!

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Stuart didn’t deserve that ending
No he didn’t. People are gonna look at the final score and assume we had crappy goaltending tonight whe he had a great game.

The Nurse goal was bad enough but wtf was Ceci thinking throwing that puck towards 2 Kings alone in front of the net? Our defence men scare the hell out of me. These stupid plays happen a lot to them and we aren’t always up by four goals when it happens.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Oilers score ten win 7-4.

Other than the usual suspects I liked Hernia-man's game. I mean most guys had strong games but nice to see Kane looking good in his return.
Also nice to see the fourth line create offensive chances all game.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
He had to get it away from Moore's stick, as he was a fraction of a second away from going in alone. You don't really have time to pick your spot in that situation.
Into the corner, into the boards, under your body. Atom level decision making if it was OT people would be losing their minds.

Whatever great game and great way to start the series. Game 2 is huge.

Reactions: McDoused

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
No he didn’t. People are gonna look at the final score and assume we had crappy goaltending tonight whe he had a great game.

The Nurse goal was bad enough but wtf was Ceci thinking throwing that puck towards 2 Kings alone in front of the net? Our defence men scare the hell out of me. These stupid plays happen a lot to them and we aren’t always up by four goals when it happens.
Ceci isn't very smart moving the puck with a stick, it's not surprising that it'd get worse with his hands. Probably should've just threw it into the corner or something I dunno.

Real solution is to flex your stick before the faceoff like everybody else does.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
How can anybody sleep after this? I'll be up for hours. Would be no point even trying to sleep. lol. Only two cups of coffee today but a heaping helping of Oilers buzz all day. Its whats on the menu man.
Every other day needs to be water, veggies, early to bed 😂. All about balance

Reactions: McDoused

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Into the corner, into the boards, under your body. Atom level decision making if it was OT people would be losing their minds.

Whatever great game and great way to start the series. Game 2 is huge.
You're missing the physics part. He didn't have time to make a decision. Just get a piece of the puck to get it away from the guy who is about to walk in alone. But sure, he's a sub-minor hockey-level player.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What kind of fan predicts a loss in the playoffs? yikes
I tried 2 playoffs ago to get him on the bandwagon. I mean i get it, everyone has their critiques about the team. But for like the 4 weeks out of the year that we get to try for the Cup, maybe park the negativity and have some fun. Even if its irrational fun and you don't quite believe it. We'll have all off season and the season to be negative and complain, and knowing these boards we will.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Imagine being an NHL player and your reaction is to shove the puck into the middle of the ice where 2 kings are.

It’s funny because of the score but god damn Ceci could cost us down the line.

Hyman and McDavid will save us though
He has the last 2 years.

I dont even know what he was trying to do.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
3 more of them would see this team moving forward. They were really good tonight
Possibly the best playoff game the McDrai era Oilers have played. Absolutely for sure the best first game of a playoffs they have played.

Connor from the start saying not tonight baybee. we're not losing tonight no way.

Doughty must just hate this. Playing the one guy every postseason you can't stop. Then if you do you end up dealing with Drai, Hyman, etc etc. Unsung performances by guys like Holloway and Janmark were even bringing the tempo.

Every move KK made in lineup including upping Henrique on first line was the right decision. If Desharnais banged up I would insert Stecher though for game 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad