Oilers win 4-3 in OT || TEDDY P

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
any update on eberle this morning, he looked to have smacked his head pretty good there in OT... sometimes you can hit your head and be perfectly fine though

The guy are probably still sleeping. I'd expect to hear something filter out of the team around 11.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Nurse was great again i wish wee could clone him. at one point he hit getzlaf right at the whistle, getz slashed nurse on the hand and nurse instantly hacked him back getzlaf started coming towards nurse and nurse motioned to drop mitts and getz skated away. it was awesome.

I think it's pretty clear Getzlaf didn't want to fight, and figured he could intimidate a rookie... unfortunately for him, he didn't realize said rookie was just waiting to kick his ass

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Nurse was great again i wish wee could clone him. at one point he hit getzlaf right at the whistle, getz slashed nurse on the hand and nurse instantly hacked him back getzlaf started coming towards nurse and nurse motioned to drop mitts and getz skated away. it was awesome.

Actually, that is exactly what I tuned in to see at the end of the first. My first bit on Nurse and the Drai goal must have been a replay that they showed during the intermission. That Nurse on Getzlaf bit made my day! This team has to learn from yet another rookie. Don't give the other team the respect they get. :handclap:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Nurse has the "**** you, pay me" attitude weve been missing since Pronger. Tough as nails and doesnt give one crap. Beats up a CHL face puncher, challenges Getzlaf. Love it

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Not enough love for Klefbom, I thought he played really well and is really coming along well since slow start

8 points in 16 games, tied for 25th amongst D

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I think McLellan is giving Klef the anti-Babcock treatment. Morgan Rielly isn't getting any offensive time to work strictly on his defensive side. While Klef is being push to work on his offensive game hence the bad start and now is coming along nicely.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Not enough love for Klefbom, I thought he played really well and is really coming along well since slow start

8 points in 16 games, tied for 25th amongst D

Yeah he's really rolling now. 2 points in his first 8 games but then 6 in his last 8 games, which is almost the exact set of games where Schultz has been out. I don't see Schultz being an Oiler next season.

Sekera, Nurse, and Klefbom are all locks, along with Reinhart as well I imagine.

With the freed up salary next season the team can really do some good work on the blueline. Fayne and Ference will likely both still be kicking around in some form, but if the team can bring in 2 better players then those guys can play cards in the press box most nights. Even better if the team can unload one of those contracts before next year.

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
Yeah he's really rolling now. 2 points in his first 8 games but then 6 in his last 8 games, which is almost the exact set of games where Schultz has been out. I don't see Schultz being an Oiler next season.

Sekera, Nurse, and Klefbom are all locks, along with Reinhart as well I imagine.

With the freed up salary next season the team can really do some good work on the blueline. Fayne and Ference will likely both still be kicking around in some form, but if the team can bring in 2 better players then those guys can play cards in the press box most nights. Even better if the team can unload one of those contracts before next year.

schultz was playing well b4 the injury, if we can keep schultz and get a top2 dmen we'd be much better, otherwise i see schultz blossoming in a second pair (<20mins/night) role aka petry but with worst defense but better offense.

Sekera - XXX
Klefbom - Schultz
Nurse - Reinhardt

that would be my 6 IMO

McDeathbyCheerios*

schultz was playing well b4 the injury, if we can keep schultz and get a top2 dmen we'd be much better, otherwise i see schultz blossoming in a second pair (<20mins/night) role aka petry but with worst defense but better offense.

Sekera - XXX
Klefbom - Schultz
Nurse - Reinhardt

that would be my 6 IMO
Swap Nurse and Schultz imo.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

Sekera - XXX
Klefbom - Schultz
Nurse - Reinhardt

that would be my 6 IMO

1 point in 9 games for a guy who struggles on defense. Not near good enough, His salary can go to someone else as far as I am concerned.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
This is still - for all intents and purposes - a one line hockey team without McD and that scares the **** out of me.

McDeathbyCheerios*

This is still - for all intents and purposes - a one line hockey team without McD and that scares the **** out of me.
Once Eberle gets going I think a line of
Pouliot - Blank - Eberle
Can start producing. That again makes Yak the odd one out

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Dawww Stoner had to come have a talk with Nurse while Getzlaf skates away in fear.

It seemed like Nurse was offering to "go". I was surprised Getzlaf just skated away. I guess it's alot easier to hack someone with your stick than to actually pay the price.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Swap Nurse and Schultz imo.

I think I want him on his left side, I don't think he's the one you start messing with and flipping him to the other side. It may not matter much and can be tested but I'd rather Klef - Reinhart be the pairing.

Overall Yak is the odd one out and hopefully moved for a solid young RHD who can develop with the rest. I think someone like Murray, Severson etc.

Last edited:

McDeathbyCheerios*

I think I want him on his left side, I don't think he's the one you start messing with and flipping him to the other side. It may not matter much and can be tested but I'd rather Klef - Reinhart be the pairing.

Overall Yak is the odd one out and hopefully moved for a solid young RHD who can develop with the rest.
Isn't he currently play in his right side with Sekera?

Nurse has played both sides before and doesn't look any worse on his right.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Good to see Purcell do something. He was so frustrating to watch. He did nothing other than that goal. I really didn't think we would win this game. Even after we tied it at 3, I still didn't think that we had a chance the way this game was going. The Ducks just had too many individuals that were in beast mode and determined to be difference makers. Kesler & Perry were determined to get the win. Even Horcoff was in his version of beast mode. You could tell that he really wanted this game badly. Classic Horcoff whiff, except it actually goes in the net. Glad to see the boys hang in there and get the win. Hopefully, this gets them streaking. We desperately need the next 2 games against division opponents to stay in the mix.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
It seemed like Nurse was offering to "go". I was surprised Getzlaf just skated away. I guess it's alot easier to hack someone with your stick than to actually pay the price.

Despite him being on a divisional opponent, I like Getzlaf. He probably doesn't want to fight Nurse because a) he knows that he has nothing to gain by fighting a rookie during a tie game, and b) he probably doesn't want to take many punches coming off an appendectomy.

Nonetheless, it is great to see the toughness/grit that Nurse brings to the defense in addition to his skating and puck moving talents.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Nurse probably would have fought either of them. :laugh:

latest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad