Oilers win 4-2

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Game made me feel good. Very exciting hockey, suck it Kane!

And Sekera with the elbow on Eichel.. I like it but dislike it all at once.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
lol he updated from his seat at the game. That picture is from tonight.

We live in an age of glorious OC. :yo:

A 5 win streak is wishful thinking, but it would really put this team back on the radar.

Offence is clicking, defensemen are getting lucky but it seems to be working and Nilsson has been solid. If only McMagic were here...

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Rifle of a shot, but pretty invisible besides that. McDavid creates so much more offense. At least at this point of their careers. Maybe Eichel will turn into another Ovechkin or something. But as of right now I'd definitely take McDavid over Eichel.

Ebs getting heated up, and should've had another one with about 3 mins to go. Hall is back to a PPG pace, and is in the top 10 NHL scoring. And how good is Nilsson? Now with a .921 SP, which puts him 12th overall in the NHL of goalies who have played 15 games or more.

I dunno about turning to Ovechkin...Maybe a Jeff Carter is what I think.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
34 shots allowed against a pretty much equal possession team, what a shocker. Seriously annoyed by you guys acting like Sabres are a "bad team". Not our best night today for sure but the teams are closer than you probably want to think.

34 shots. I didn't think "uhoh" very often. You can let by 60 shots and still win a game 1-0.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I thought Klefbom looked VERY solid. Not a single mistake or miscue. He played the most out of all Oiler skaters with 22:14, had a primary assist, and was +1. Not a bad night.

Nurse also a very good game. Played 22:01. No points, and finished at even, but no major miscues that I can recall, and all around solid game.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
34 shots allowed against the Sabres... ouch
Good thing Nilsson is red hot right now
I'll take another 2 points though :)

Meh. Shots were 25-25 at 5v5. Sabres got some help from the refs tonight which inflated their totals and also had like 6 in the final minute or two when the game was out of reach.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
There's a surprising amount of sour grapes over this game out there.

And there would be a lot in here if the Sabres won. Such is life when you lose to a fellow bottom feeder, just read the PGT here after the Leafs loss for reference.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
Flames are last place. :laugh:

tumblr_m92kw4tNqu1qzirqxo1_400_zpsjgzlo3bv.gif

:laugh:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Love halls game, he's a beast. Plays tough like kane, Unlike Kane he can actually score

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Say what you will about Drai, Nurse, Sekera, Hall, Eberle, Nuge, etc. The guys that should be good, are getting better, or have been great all along.

I'm going to pump Purcell's tires. He's been brilliant with Hall + Drai all season yet continues to get **** on. He deserves to have someone in his corner. He's making brilliant plays every game dishing the puck to Hall and Draisaitl. This is a player that deserves more respect and recognition for his positive contributions.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Hope Khaira manages to nab a point before bodies start coming back. Big part of a couple goals already but nothing to show for it.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Say what you will about Drai, Nurse, Sekera, Hall, Eberle, Nuge, etc. The guys that should be good, are getting better, or have been great all along.

I'm going to pump Purcell's tires. He's been brilliant with Hall + Drai all season yet continues to get **** on. He deserves to have someone in his corner. He's making brilliant plays every game dishing the puck to Hall and Draisaitl. This is a player that deserves more respect and recognition for his positive contributions.

Agreed. Big improvements. He knows his role. "Get it to the big guns". He could be a great, cheap re-sign.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I dunno about turning to Ovechkin...Maybe a Jeff Carter is what I think.

I doubt he does, but you never know, so that's why I said "maybe". Carter sounds like a good comparison, actually. Not a great playmaker and average vision, but is big and has a cannon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad