Post-Game Talk: Oilers win 4-1

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Can you guys stop complaining about Sam Gagner now please? He's been playing very good all year. He played very well at both ends of the ice all night.

Hopefully he can keep it up. He has always been a 5 good games followed by 5 invisible games player.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Dubnyk played well, but he should be thankful that the rest of the Oilers were doing a really good job of clearing rebounds for him.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I was very impressed with the top line tonight. Their best game of the season so far imo. It is only a matter of time before they break out and put 3-4 in the net in one game. They had so many great chances in the third.

zeus3007*

What's with all the negativity for Hemsky? He had a pretty good game. Very reminiscent of old school Hemsky.

BDG

Oct 11, 2005
Cowtown
Hall got better as the game went on, started being smarter and using his teammates, good to see.

Haiti was in beast mode, hope that line sticks together, was impressed all night.

I think as soon as RNH gets one, the gates all open up.

Glad Yak got the EN goal, he was terrible the rest off the game.

j Schultz looks better and better each game.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
Can you guys stop complaining about Sam Gagner now please? He's been playing very good all year. He played very well at both ends of the ice all night.

and hes winning faceoffs too.he plays a lil physical but still his speed is no better than AHL level...hes smart though..Hemsky(mr.offside) is the real problem on that line..

By the way..LOVE krueger putting yak out for the empty netter..the kid will be great, just needs to find his game, and he will very soon..Stamkos Style

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
Great game by Doobie. Hall was easily the best player on the ice and thats saying something because Ebs and #19 played great. Its only game 5, im going to wait until game 10 before i start calling this defense terrible lol. But yea great game. One day we will score 5 on 5 im almost sure of it

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hemsky wasn't bad, Gagner was great, Yakupov struggled. As soon as they took him off that line in the third they started moving the puck in the right direction. But hey, Yakupov is raw, he's still extremely talented.

zeus3007*

Horcoff had a puck go in off his foot and Hemsky turned the puck over all game.

Hemsky has always had a lot of turnovers. It comes with his style of play. He also scored one and got robbed on another, in case you weren't paying attention.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
All the 4 goals were on PP. :laugh:

Hall was all over the puck tonight, man what a beast.

We turned the puck over too many times, we can't afford to do that against good teams.

Whitney,Potter and Petry were all terrible tonight.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Colorado's a pretty awful hockey team. Who's out besides Captain Intangibles?

The Oilers should be getting at least a dozen power plays a game on a defense like that. Every play should be breakout pass -> drive wide -> get power play on stone feet defensemen.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Good game by the Oilers, especially the top line and the 4th line. Only thing that concerns me is that in the 3rd Colorado started exploiting the Oilers' two glaring weaknesses this season: 1) Dubnyk's poor rebound control (shoot from everywhere) and 2) the inability to contain the cycle behind the net.

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
Great game by Doobie. Hall was easily the best player on the ice and thats saying something because Ebs and #19 played great. Its only game 5, im going to wait until game 10 before i start calling this defense terrible lol. But yea great game. One day we will score 5 on 5 im almost sure of it

Hall did a really good job of moving the puck up the ice and establishing control in the offensive zone. I think it really helped the top line have a great game tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad