GDT: Oilers @ Wild 6:00PM SNOL and 630 CHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
My Telus said 8 start on snoil when I PVRd it this morning hope it records the game. Anyone else's say this I'm in Calgary?

ehhteen

5-14-6-1
Jan 15, 2010
Connor's Place
I wonder if the Wild will put Suter out against the McDavid line with them playing so well. Could leave Hall and RNH against their 2nd pair defensemen.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Wasnt excited for this game at all, but then Nurse was called up.

4-2 Oilers

Mcdavid Yak X2 Klefbom

Feb 9, 2013
I don't put a lot of stock into teams that have "owned" us over the last couple of years. Every team has owned us.

Calgary 'owned' us... 'we' beat them.
Miller 'owned' us... 'we' beat him (and Vancouver in the process).

This is a different team, from the foundations on up... past 'givens' no longer hold sway. As someone already alluded to, new coaches mean a new culture and a new team.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I don't put a lot of stock into teams that have "owned" us over the last couple of years. Every team has owned us.

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
The difference with Minnesota(and specificially St. Paul) is that this streak goes back a fair bit longer than the period in which everyone slapped us for fun.

We couldn't win in this city in like 2007

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Didn't realize that Nurse was playing
Well now I have to watch since I'm a tier 1 Nurse fan

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Lineup:

Forward
Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Hall-RNH-Klinkhammer
Korpikoski-Lander-Purcell
Slepyshev-Letestu-Pakarinen

Defence
Nurse-Klefbom
Sekera-Fayne
Davidson-Gryba

Goal
Talbot

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Honestly I feel the need to point out that the last year I actually agreed with Wild fans that their team is not a trap team at all, and pretty fast and exciting to watch.

That said, for whatever reason, they still seem to revert to playing a boring trap game against us... maybe it's because they always seem to beat us with it, without fail, so why change a good thing?

Also, why are the Minnesota Wild a better organization?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Dubnuk Says He's Good

Nurse is paired with Klef, if the article is correct...

Please Please Please do Great! No more Klefbom - Schultz ...

On the other hand, I guess (hope) that means sheltered minutes for this pair.

Lineup:

Forward
Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Hall-RNH-Klinkhammer
Korpikoski-Lander-Purcell
Slepyshev-Letestu-Pakarinen

Defence
Nurse-Klefbom
Sekera-Fayne
Davidson-Gryba

Goal
Talbot

Or not ... So Klefbom is the seasoned vet to take care of the rookie, and play on his off-side (Even though he's played there before, but it was some time ago...). I hope they do good but I am a bit nervous.

Last edited:

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Why are the Wild a better organization?

Suter, Spurgeon and Brodin, that is all.

2/3 of those guys are better than anyone we have. Hopefully we play better without Schultz. I have a feeling it will be a revelation that fans knew forever that slaps Oilers management in the face.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't know why people call the Wild boring. They used to be but they haven't been the boring trap team for a while now. They are actually one of the fastest, most exciting teams in the league IMO. They are in constant attack mode under Yeo.

The reason why the Wild-Oilers games are boring is because the Oilers have been boring but oddly enough, they have owned the Wild as of late.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't think this is the same as the Lemaire-coached Wild teams. They have a good squad, and aren't as stifling as they once were. Less LA and more Nashville, I would say.

3-1 Oilers

I don't know why people call the Wild boring. They used to be but they haven't been the boring trap team for a while now. They are actually one of the fastest, most exciting teams in the league IMO. They are in constant attack mode under Yeo.

The reason why the Wild-Oilers games are boring is because the Oilers have been boring but oddly enough, they have owned the Wild as of late.

I agree. Not sure why people think this is the same team from years ago.
They have a solid team and play a style similar to Dallas and Washington...a style of play that the Oilers have really struggled with.

This will be a very good test for the Oil. I am curious to see how the Oilers and McDavid deal with Dubnyk who has pretty much shut down the Oilers so far.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
BTW...I have to PVR the game...anybody know what channel SNOL is on Shaw?

Is it 301?

phil steve

Sep 2, 2011
Honestly I feel the need to point out that the last year I actually agreed with Wild fans that their team is not a trap team at all, and pretty fast and exciting to watch.

That said, for whatever reason, they still seem to revert to playing a boring trap game against us... maybe it's because they always seem to beat us with it, without fail, so why change a good thing?

Also, why are the Minnesota Wild a better organization?

Was just thinking basically the same thing, they're pretty far removed from their Jacques Lemaire days but everyone still seems to think they're this super defensive trap all day everyday team and I just don't see it (not that I watch a ton of their games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad