Not open for further replies.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
I have a feeling it'll make an appearance. :thumbu:

MMVzdZN.jpg

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Man we are playing a lot. But might be a good thing as the boys are on a roll :nod:. Many of them mentioned how tough it was having a few days in between games. Hard to get into any sort of rhythm.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Ginger! You’ve outdone yourself here. Well played, my man! :clap:

Yep. The whole song, lots of lyrics there.

For the first time in my life I looked up "Scaramouche" even though I never had a clue what the word meant. I mean its one of those songs that people sing along and kind of tone over the words they don't get. I don't even know what word fill you could use as nothing rhymes with scaramouche..

How many people look at lyric sheets and think "gee I had the wrong lyric there for decades" No wonder its a fun karaoke song.

The genius of the song, and its parody, is its pretty much word salad fill to match the notes and taking that technique to the hilt. So in a song universe its a natural for Parody, as the lyrics were kind of that in the first place.

A good drinking game would be how far you could sing Bohemian Rhapsody before you screw up..even if you saw Waynes World a lot..

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Sportsnet showed an image yesterday that erroneously credited the second star to "#2, Duncan Keith, Oilers". They must have had their intern working the broadcast for the afternoon :laugh:

zW6Wcr4.png

The funniest hing about it was how many errors were simultaneous.

1) Keith is out for weeks. Hasn't played for awhile, of course did not play in the game
2)Evidently theres confusion between who Smith is and who Keith is (longhair confusion, old player confusion?)
3)Smith wasn't even in net, Bald Koskinen was (not flaming, just saying, how is it possible to confuse?)

I mean how many more mistakes were made. I probably didn't catch them all..

Oh and Barrie had 3 assists but only 2 count;)

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
At least the team was already staying at the Minneapolis airport hotel all weekend so there won't be much travel/packing time on the bus back from Winnipeg.

jk aside this is not a typical B2B. Not too much travel, and the start times means theres more time gap in games than usual B2B. Logistically as shift workers know a Day shift to Evening shift the next day is easier to manage then if both shifts start at same time. Obviously playing an evening game, and then an afternoon game next day would be a nightmare scenario and apparently is not allowed in scheduling.

Day game>Evening game next day is doable transition. The Oil get into Minny with rest time, and a lot of time to get a good nights sleep and even a sleep in if they wanted or afternoon power nap after practice.

5-3 Oilers W.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Question, why does Woodcroft prefer the 11F/7D line up?

Isn't it due to the kind of roster availability we have? Its kind of a good move because we don't have more than 11 forwards that you'd want to put in a lineup currently, (actually we don't even have that many) and in contrast the Oilers have a lot of usable D prospects they can slot in a lineup and as an org we have more D that are ready for auditions and this is giving them some time in an NHL lineup but not too much time that it puts too much on them. This way we get the Broberg, Nemo's in games without having to give them too much of an assignment.

Okanagan

Jan 7, 2019
At least the team was already staying at the Minneapolis airport hotel all weekend so there won't be much travel/packing time on the bus back from Winnipeg.

jk aside this is not a typical B2B. Not too much travel, and the start times means theres more time gap in games than usual B2B. Logistically as shift workers know a Day shift to Evening shift the next day is easier to manage then if both shifts start at same time. Obviously playing an evening game, and then an afternoon game next day would be a nightmare scenario and apparently is not allowed in scheduling.

Day game>Evening game next day is doable transition. The Oil get into Minny with rest time, and a lot of time to get a good nights sleep and even a sleep in if they wanted or afternoon power nap after practice.

5-3 Oilers W.

Drive, it’s a home game. Back in Edmonchuk.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Drive, it’s a home game. Back in Edmonchuk.
snap, haha thanks. Here's me assuming a schedule makes any geographic sense.

Last week we have a Cali run but somehow one of the games, Anaheim, is a home game. Now we had a trip to Winnipeg, one game back, then a road trip when Winny-Minny would have made more sense on a map..

The 6pm start time threw me off too.

Last edited:

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I know that a lot of people are pretty pumped up right now but I don't expect us to win this game, nor will I even be disappointed if we do lose (unless of course we choke away a lead or get blown out.) Really think about it... It's the second of a back to back, the Wild are a better team, the Wild always beat us, and we looked exhausted by the end of the Winnipeg game yesterday. It's not a good recipe but I guess anything is possible. Woodcroft is pretty much a wizard so you never know.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I usually don't get too excited about Minny games but it's different now. Need to win this game before heading out on the big road trip.

Oiler hockey is exciting again. Big boys are rolling again. Depth is stepping up. Defence and goaltending has been solid. And those Niemo hits.... :naughty:

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
The funniest hing about it was how many errors were simultaneous.

1) Keith is out for weeks. Hasn't played for awhile, of course did not play in the game
2)Evidently theres confusion between who Smith is and who Keith is (longhair confusion, old player confusion?)
3)Smith wasn't even in net, Bald Koskinen was (not flaming, just saying, how is it possible to confuse?)

I mean how many more mistakes were made. I probably didn't catch them all..

Oh and Barrie had 3 assists but only 2 count;)
My bet: the person clicked on the wrong name on the list. Keith would be right next to Koskinen alphabetically. Don’t think it had anything to do with their hair lol.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
My bet: the person clicked on the wrong name on the list. Keith would be right next to Koskinen alphabetically. Don’t think it had anything to do with their hair lol.

I was even wondering if it was a media bad gag. As in they care so little about the Oilers they get the players/facts/lineup wrong. Seems like the media kind of does this a lot with the Oilers.

But you're probably right. I type instead of click, haha, so It wouldn't occur to me the names were next to each other on list. Thanky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad