GDT: Oilers vs Sharks | 31.01.13 | 8:30PM | SNET-EDM | JAWS 2 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Well the good news is I don't think there's any pressure on them because obviously the expectation would be that San Jose wins.

I'm setting the over/under for stupidly easy goals the Oilers will allow Sharks players to score from right in front of the net unmarked to.... 3.

Edit: 5 if Khabi is in net.

Last edited:

stratedge

Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Well it can't be worse than last time right?

poorjudgement_g1zr2uckeq.gif

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think that we'll all be disappointed and see Potter tonight. Krueger's M.O. has been to stick with the lineup that won the previous game so i expect the same although this is the first back to back of the season so hopefully, i'm wrong and Fistric draws in tonight.

I think the Oilers will play well, they always seem to play pretty well in San Jose even in the losses so even though they'll probably lose, i expect an entertaining affair which is much needed after the game last night which set hockey back for years. This will be a big test to see how far the Oilers have come.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
My prediction for this game:

Yakupov scores a goal, nods head to teammates, taps gloves, HF explodes with disgust and outrage.

fair assessment, i have heard from numerous legit sources that the team doesnt like yaks cellys cause he high fives to hard and squeezes too tight in hugs. this is a huge issue going forward and i hope the team addresses it.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Sharks have to lose eventually, might as well be to us :)

Hopefully after their lost blow-out win, they try to take another win against us for granted.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
revenge time ...

The Oilers should be motivated tonight... Not sure if Khabi is getting the start..

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
Woah! The game starts 04:30 CET, awesome! Getting up around that time is not that bad, becuse i wills till get a lot of sleep. Too bad that Sharks first line will **** oilers tho :(, but now is not the time to be negative, this is a good game time :P

stratedge

Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
We need our defensively strong D-men in tonight, it's San Jose for crying out loud. I am a big Krueger fan but if he doesn't swap out an offensive guy like Potter for a guy who's strong in front of his own net like Fistric, then I don't know what is going on. Let the forwards provide the offense, we need to lock down the front of the net against a very big Sharks top 6.

Fistric in is an absolute no brainer. Not putting him into the line up would be Krueger's worst decision thus far as a coach.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
5-4 Sharks.

Fistric seems like a no-brainer for this game.

I hope RNH gets some confidence or whatever he needs to get going.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
9-0 sharks, Marleau with 6. Thornton with 7 points, and some goals from Murray and Vlasic.

Gomez might light us up too.... obviously.

We maybe get 1 shot on net.

Anyone remember this beauty?

There's also another one I remember where Hemsky had the only shot of the period, and it was a snipe on nabokov. Pretty sure it was a wrist shot.

Turrican*

A few things need to happen for success.

- Corey Potter must not step out on the ice.
- Make short passes, long passes are causing a trillion turnovers
- Organized 3rd period, they need to stop pretending the game is over after the 2nd

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Please somebody explain to Yaks he's allowed to shoot the puck from prime scoring areas, ie: the slot. Maybe Bulin can, in Russian.
I noticed last night he had a chance to do so and opted to pass to 89 instead.
Not all of your goals have to be rebound baseball swings!

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Goalie will likely have to steal this one for the Oilers to win. Khabby, anyone? :skeptic:

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
In all of my years I was so careful not to be Rick Rolled. Now that the art of the Rick Roll is finally dead... I click and expected an interview.

Damnit!

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
keep it close....

Oilers will be dog-tired from last night and traveling to another time-zone and the Sharks are red-hot

4-1 Sharks
Thornton with 3 assists
Marleau with another goal

Hall with the lone Oiler goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad