GDT: Oilers vs Sharks | 31.01.13 | 8:30PM | SNET-EDM | JAWS 2 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Could be, or just a random technical glitch with the forums that only effects some people. I seem to recall a similar issue in a past GDT once. For reference if anybody else sees it, I be using Chrome.

Screwed up for me too. Using FF.

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
I just minimized my browser and it goes all screwy. The pics are designed for a full screen. Maybe try making your browser as big as possible.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Alot of the times Chrome (I'm assuming FF too) don't play animated gifs unless you click or select them first. It just speeds things up.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Nice GDT. Can't believe you rick rolled me though.

I expect Dubnyk will get the start again and Khabby will get eased in against Colorado, giving Dubnyk a few days off to rest.

Khabibulin would get slaughtered against the Sharks.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
I don't know if he'll start dubnyk this game and then again Saturday afternoon seems like alot maybe khabibulin starts this one

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton
I don't know if he'll start dubnyk this game and then again Saturday afternoon seems like alot maybe khabibulin starts this one

That's was I was thinking, but it doesn't make much sense to me if so. Why would you start Dubnyk against an easier team and start your backup against the harder team? Should be the other way around IMO.

calvinguy

Sep 12, 2010
That's was I was thinking, but it doesn't make much sense to me if so. Why would you start Dubnyk against an easier team and start your backup against the harder team? Should be the other way around IMO.

Back to back games, its unlikely we win both, especially against San Jose. Might as well use our starter against an easier Pheonix team and come out with 1 win. Dubynk was good against Pheonix, we probably wouldn't have won with Khabi in net considering how close the scores were.

WeridAl

YuckaFlux
Jan 30, 2012
10ft of Snow
I was wondering is Taylor Fedun a option for Potter. Cannot see anyone picking up Potter if he was placed on waivers, so it should not hurt the Oilers if they sent Potter to the AHL and brought Fedun up. I figure any warm body would be better then Potter, and Fedun would solve the RHS issue.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton

Yeah they should start khabby on saturday and give dd this one.
Khabby is a mystery i don't know what well get from him if he is on top of his game he can play really well like the start of last season however i suspect he's not in good game shape .

Also not a big fan of the late start time this game will be over 11 or 11:30 , i don't have a problem with that i'd just rather it be earlier

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
I was wondering is Taylor Fedun a option for Potter. Cannot see anyone picking up Potter if he was placed on waivers, so it should not hurt the Oilers if they sent Potter to the AHL and brought Fedun up. I figure any warm body would be better then Potter, and Fedun would solve the RHS issue.

In all honesty anyone would be an upgrade on Potter, Doubt we would waive him though, Krueger seems to like him....:(

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
I want to see some different lines, personally. Mainly because Hemsky and Yak have shown zero chemistry.

JA

I want to see some different lines, personally. Mainly because Hemsky and Yak have shown zero chemistry.

Completely agreed. At this point, I'm afraid having Yakupov play alongside Hemsky for an extended period of time will hurt Nail's adjustment to the NHL/his development. Hemsky needs to be taken off that line as quickly as possible.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Completely agreed. At this point, I'm afraid having Yakupov play alongside Hemsky for an extended period of time will hurt Nail's adjustment to the NHL/his development. Hemsky needs to be taken off that line as quickly as possible.

I'll wait till he's not on pace for 55 goals in a full season before I worry about that personally.

RuneMcEres

Seasons in the Abyss
Oct 24, 2006
Bergen, Norway
Hemsky doesn't strike me as the mentoring type either. I mean, Hemsky walks to the beat of his own drum. Only he knows what he's gonna do. There also seems to be very little communication between them on the bench. At least I haven't seen any so far this season.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
If we win tonight we can go on a 3 game losing streak for all I care... I'll still be happy.

Hoogaar23

Apr 13, 2011
Hemsky doesn't strike me as the mentoring type either. I mean, Hemsky walks to the beat of his own drum. Only he knows what he's gonna do. There also seems to be very little communication between them on the bench. At least I haven't seen any so far this season.

Has Hemsky even made a pass to Yakupov yet? He seems to look him off every time, even when he's in a prime spot. Gagner seems to be meshing well with Hemsky AND Yakupov, and Yakupov seems to be looking for either, but Hemsky seems to have Yakupov on his "no pass" list.

I'd love to see them switched - put Yak on the RW and Hemsky on the LW (all of Yak's goals have come from the right anyway I think)

pox

Jan 27, 2006
Edmonton
Oil play like ****, cant make a pass, give up the puck in the neutral zone.... and we still win it some how 4-2

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Just for fun, why doesn't Krueger play that Fistric guy over Potter?

And give him PP time?
And PK time?

In fact, all the time?

IF he doesn't waddle in a corner for a 6 on 4, he's already an upgrade! :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad