Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
About the only positive things I saw tonight were Nurse and Yamamoto playing well. Our vets seriously need to get their asses in gear.

We did drop down to .500 after starting hot last year, so there's definitely time to correct this, but... so far, yuck.
This was supposed to be the easier part of our schedule too.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
That's not the compliment you think it is.

He's not Gretzky and even Gretzky had help. He didn't win the Conn Smythe every year.

Don't tell me what I think, Keith. It won't go well for you, and don't lash out at me because you're pissy.

I know full well it's not a compliment, but there's no one else in the lineup tonight that would have fit better with McDavid.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That's not the compliment you think it is.

He's not Gretzky and even Gretzky had help. He didn't win the Conn Smythe every year.

Gretzky didn't play with a salary cap. If he wants that kind of money, fine, but he needs to be the 1/2/3 best player in the world, we have already had to make roster changes to accomodate the eventual cap structure brought on by him and Leon wanting that much money.

That's not good enough from McDavid. Not near close enough.

Yes, he is going to have carry a big load. Every great player does. Crosby does, Ovechkin does. Who were Crosby's wingers tonight? How many goals did he have?

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I wouldn't mind seeing Slepychev on the left side to McDavid. Might give that line a spark.
We need to do some blending until and while drai is back
Im positive we will get better and this game doesnt change that.
We were not fully prepared for the loss of sekera though imo. what a huge loss that is proving to be.
Hopefully he is back in a month.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
rip

going for 5-77 (5 wins against Calgary)

I could live with that. Well, maybe win all the remaining games against Vancouver, too. Then draft Dahlin. Finally our team will be set! Well, maybe just ONE more 1st overall pick after Dahlin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad