Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Seattle. McDavids line once again short handed.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Seattle gave us ALOT last game. Hope they don’t focus on net front coverage this game, cause it won’t be anything like last weeks matchup if they do.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oilers really put themselves in a bad position, they are suppose to be contending but they are barely holding a wildcard spot. These next 10 games are HUGE, if they go 5-5 or worse, i don't see them making the playoffs.
I see the late season being huge for us. Kane back and at 100% will be huge. We will likely get some trades at the deadline or sooner, that we really need.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Not just this, because for the first multiple weeks the players were being used they weren't used adequately or ideally or given much minutes. Kostin for the longest time was burried in the 4th line with players like Shore.
It’s partially because Woodcroft ran a pretty abysmal training camp. He never even tried different combinations of players or trying some of the tertiary players with some more skilled players. I’m not sure how you can really judge a Borgault, Kostin or Janmark type of players when they are playing with guys like Malone, McKegg, Shore, Esposito rtc. I know Kostin didn’t come to training camp but point remains. To be fair to him, most head coaches are guilty of it as well. Just a waste of 3 weeks really.

Woodcroft line combinations have been poor this season. I don’t blame everything on him, but I don’t think hes done a good job regardless.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Milano scored again tonight. 17 points in 27 games. Could’ve had him for cheap but the Oilers always refuse to make these types of additions. No way an external player could be better than our own draft picks! :sarcasm:

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Claim Vrana and waive Pulju.

Figure out the salary cap when Kane is ready.
No one’s claiming Vrana. Makes 5+ mil for 2 years. Probably has deeper issues than we realize. Yzerman wouldn’t put him on waivers if had any value at all.

Reactions: Biltmore

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Milano scored again tonight. 17 points in 27 games. Could’ve had him for cheap but the Oilers always refuse to make these types of additions. No way an external player could be better than our own draft picks! :sarcasm:
The thing that’s annoying too is that I think he signed a 2 way deal? Holland should honestly be signing multiple guys at league minimum who has potential and playing them in Bakersfield (if not the Oilers). That way, when this team needs a call up, we have someone to step in. It would counter the lack of development in Bakersfield.

What’s the harm?

Reactions: Biltmore and Cloned

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
That’s what the Oiler pro scouts say, anyway. My blind faith says I must believe them.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No one’s claiming Vrana. Makes 5+ mil for 2 years. Probably has deeper issues than we realize. Yzerman wouldn’t put him on waivers if had any value at all.
I guess if his off ice issues are that bad, he might be a lost cause.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
What does Puljujarvi do on that top line other than kill plays? He's not responsible defensively. He doesn't open up space or ice for his linemates. He floats around like a pylon.

When that line succeeds, it does so despite him dragging it down, not because he's on it.
So Yammo is better up there? You only get 1 or the other unless you agree with the idiot who suggested putting Shore up there. I'm all for moving Hyman over and putting Holloway up there but coaches don't.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Holloway hasn't earned ice with McDavid and it would hurt his development imo. JP is clearly a headcase but we don't care about ruining his development because that ship sailed.

FWIW Crosby turned a lot of third liners into first liners by playing a simple game. RNH is doing it right now with Klim and Jannmark imo.

Reactions: Oilhawks

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
What has Nemo shown to suggest what you're saying over Broberg. Team literally gives up more high danger shots against and in prime areas when Nemo is on the ice. He also plays less than Broberg when he's in the line up.

Does this have something to do with his first play, his first game of the season when Lafreniere spun off him near the blue paint and scored on the tap in? Because same can be said for Nemo when he got burned for a breakaway up the gut vs NJ
It’s so with how he stops goals from happening and Broberg makes major mistakes frequently leading directly to goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad